Any SN Celebration sightings yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogwash

Reaction score
Anyone drinking 2012 Celebration? Haven't seen it in My part of VA yet. The local Kroger is pretty well stocked on Tumbler so it may take a little while.

Saw it the other day in a store in WI. Haven't tried it. Had the Tumbler a few weeks ago. It was good.

Bought a sixer on Saturday and drank one last night. Im reserving judgment on it until I have it on a cleaner palette, as mine was abused yesterday from some heavily flavorful brews before I had it.

Just walked in the door with two 6 packs.

I hope its better than last years, the 2010 was absolutely incredible.

Edit: Just cracked open a bottle. Bitterness is more than last year, crispness is there, nice clean malty backbone. I like. I like a ton!

My Publix put it on the shelves today. Bought a 12-pack and brought 6 of them to an election party along with my bourbon pumpkin ale an ancho gingerbread ale. Had one of each of my home brews and then cracked open a SN Celebration. Now I'm on my 3rd Celebration. Gonna have to go back and buy another case for when the in-laws are in town. It is off the charts this year.

last week I bought a few different sixers and Celebration was one of them.. only when I got home it was 2011. It was still tasty:mug:

I just finished up my 6er on Friday. I can say I liked it better than last years but it still was not mind blowing.

If you can get your grubby paws on a Bell's Intensity you will be MUCH happier.

Well if it's in NC then it's probably around here too, just not in my little hamlet. Gonna have to take a trip to charlottesville, i guess.

I live just over the mountain from you and I have been keeping my eyes peeled. No such luck yet. I work in cville and I have not seen it yet. I found some of last years at an obscure country store out in Nelson. Go figure. I will post if I find and let you know where. Cheers.

Didn't see it in MA when in store on Friday - the Beer Manager was pissed they hadn't received their shipment yet....

Ok here's the official word, through my connections at the distributor harris teeter and kroger in cville and martins in waynesboro all got some already this month. Dont know if it is on the shelves yet but if you ask nicely they may get you some out of the back. The hunt is on. Cheers.

This is my "setting up the Christmas tree" beer, so hopefully it lasts until after Thanksgiving.

Ok here's the official word, through my connections at the distributor harris teeter and kroger in cville and martins in waynesboro all got some already this month. Dont know if it is on the shelves yet but if you ask nicely they may get you some out of the back. The hunt is on. Cheers.

Hey, thanks for the info. I just got a 6 pack at Martin's and am now waiting patiently for 5 o'clock. If I wasn't a stay at home dad with a 13 week old I'd be having one now.

Hey, thanks for the info. I just got a 6 pack at Martin's and am now waiting patiently for 5 o'clock. If I wasn't a stay at home dad with a 13 week old I'd be having one now.

No problem man. Did they have it on the shelf, or did you have to request it? I am patiently awaiting getting off work myself. Feel free to message me about any local going ons etc. Cheers.

I haven't seen it in my area yet ( and I'm only 150 miles away from SNBC). I'll be watching closely for it now. Celebration Ale has got to be the best bargain in the world of craft brew. Similar examples of IPA from other makers can easily be 2-3 times as expensive. Thank you Sierra Nevada!

Beerbeque said:
I haven't seen it in my area yet ( and I'm only 150 miles away from SNBC). I'll be watching closely for it now. Celebration Ale has got to be the best bargain in the world of craft brew. Similar examples of IPA from other makers can easily be 2-3 times as expensive. Thank you Sierra Nevada!

Amen! 50x better than torpedo.

Anyone in Volusia County, FL able to find a source for kegged SN Celebration? Everyone I've called says their distributor isn't going to carry any this year.

Sipping on one now (sipping is of course a relative term). 11.99 a 12-pack in MN. It is a treat. Really unique hop flavor. Like putting your face in a bag of hops - mmmmmmmmmmm

Got mine at Binny's in Chicago.

BYO came the next day, with a full write-up on Sierra Nevada, including the Celebration recipe. Love it.

Sipping on one now (sipping is of course a relative term). 11.99 a 12-pack in MN. It is a treat. Really unique hop flavor. Like putting your face in a bag of hops - mmmmmmmmmmm

Where'd you get a 12er for $12? Only place I know that tends to have SN for less than $14 is Chi-Lake, but I don't get over there that often.

Update for Volusia County, FL. Got a call from Total Wine in colonial plaza Orlando. Just picked up 2 1/6 barrels for 65 each. Only place that could get a hold of em.

Back