Icebox

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
working pefectly . I need to change the after market latches. junk, they sit crooked when latching pressure is applied . I change out compressors at work so silver soldering was nothing. The detail I kinda hand did with a hand router and a big wood file. I still need to put a covering material on the inside . Also I have a 1 gallon bottle on the inside which catches the ice melting off the coil when compressor cycle's off , the fridge had it run to a evaperation catch tray mounted ontop of the exterior compressor..

The base was trickey it is a seperate piece from the top . and the top slide /fits in to the base. lots of pics if you need

So i guess the level of welding is going to be beyond someone with a flux core and some level of comfort with welding sheetmetal and larger stock.

I'm thinking a dorm fridge cut up would be better for me as long as I don't cut through anything.

although mine is going to be much smaller
5foot high 3 foot wide 1.5 foot deep.
and only one chamber will be truely cold.

silver solder is just like soft solder except it needs more heat mapp gas and it flows toward the heat practice very simple . Only had to connect 2 lines ,and install a schader fitting .but you will need a vacumn pump to test for leaks and clean the system

Just wanted to say awesome build! Good idea on using the bigger fridge btw. I built a small box around a dorm fridge years ago to fit one carboy and it just didn't have much power at all. I ending up scrapping the whole thing.

Vinper the more pictures the better!

I'm pretty good about following plans this will be my first custom build based off a bunch of pictures ive been downloading.

the welding isn't really welding then its really soldering pipe just with silver solder and more heat?

if so not a problem!

Latest posts

Back