2008 AHA Nationals Entries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Well, I have mapped out my brews and entries for 2008's Nationals. It seems early but things have to get cranking!

Russian Imperial Stout - brewed and aging
Raspberry Imperial Stout - brewed and sitting on the fruit
American Barley Wine - brewed and aging
Old Ale - brewed and aging
Dopplebock - next up for brewing
Oktoberfest - November
Classic American Pilsner - December
Chile Beer - utilizing CAP as base beer
Imperial IPA - January
Belgian Pale - February

I've got a biere de garde and a triple in bottles for next years comps. I'll probably enter my wit but will wait until much closer till brewing it.

I might throw my RIS in the hat, good think I won't have to compete against BP in the first round, though, otherwise I'd have absolutely no chance. I'm going to tweak and re-brew my APA from last year and re-enter that, but that doesn't need too long to age, so I have a little bit of time. I might enter anything else I have laying around the house, but I'm not pushing for anything. I wish I had more 12 oz. bottles of my 2006 barleywine, I think it could really well in an old ale category as enough bitterness aged out of it that I think it could do really well. Oh well, you live and you learn I suppose.

Brewtopia said:
Nice BP, very ambitious. I'd be happy to do some preliminary judging for you. :D

I will see what I can do. Are you cnsidering entering anything? I imagine you have an ace or two up your sleve!

I'm going to try to get the Vanilla Caramel Cream Ale ready to compete as a 23a Specialty Beer. Depending on how my Weizen ages, it might go in the competition as well. I don't have any other recipes that I'll feel comfortable submitting, unless I get off my ass and brew a lot this winter.

Damn thats a lot of beer BP.. Im probably gonna enter a Barley wine, and maybe try and get another beer ready by then, maybe a belgian of some type.

Is that going to be in May again?

There’s a local comp here in December that is the final qualifier for the (Tenth) Annual Masters Championship of Amateur Brewing.

I have 9 entries and depending on the feedback, I might have time to tweak a new recipe (nothing real big) just in time.

If you have a brew why not send it into the comp? With as many members as this forum has we should take best club every year.

I just went and bought my two bushels of roasted green chile so I can make my annual roasted green chile beer. I will freeze a few chiles for my comp. beer to be brewed early nex year.

I guess when you get to be old and narrow like me it is good to have a project!

Cheese, get off your butt and make some beer for the nationals! And bring a few with you so I can taste some.

I'm planning on entering this year. I don't know exactly what, but I'm getting some recipes close. My 80 /- Scottish Ale is fantastic, but would also work as an amber ale. I might try both catagories. I also would love to make another kolsch. And I know BP has an dislike for hefeweizen, but I'm getting close on that one, too. :D

Back