JPS Malt Mill Dimensions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pola0502ds

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the height is on their JPS malt mill? The unit itself. I want to make a hopper for it today when i am at work but I forgot to get the measurement when i at home.

What does the height need to do with anything? I'll show you when I'm done tomorrow=).

Right now I have the width and depth. 3 1/2 x 11"

These dimensions are actually +/- a little but thats okay.

So basically I just need the height not including any base or fixture that it is attached too.

Thanks.

3 inches. I have the small plastic hopper, but would like to build something that can hold up to 25lbs of grain.

I'll be looking forward to what you come up with!

Attached is a picture of what I did. I am not done with it, I am going to remove both side and cut a slot in it and them apply plecxi glass so i can see inside the hopper from the side when it is getting low. Then I am going to take the hopper that came with the jps maltmill and attach it to the top of the hopper I made so the top is larger and will be easier to add grain.

91411 019.jpg

If I were to change anything it would be to make the cabinet shorter so i can reach the top of the hopper better.

I need to replace the hopper that came with my Malt Mill - the little screws split the pressboard and don't hold. I've made liberal use of duct tape to hold it together.

Honeslty, the mill is great but they went REALLY cheap on everything else. Mdf sides for the hopper, 1/8" thick hardboard for the front and back of the hopper, and the same material for front and back of the mill.

Mills like barley crusher, monster mill, corona, etc dont have any cheap wood on the product except for what the mill mounts to and their price is better.

I love the mill and works great, just disappointed with the materials used.

Back