Best Recipe Book/Resource?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonnieJ

Reaction score
I know that beer brewing seems to be something that I will learn to make recipes for, but are there any really good books out there? I don't know where to find true and tried recipes for (especially) the beginner brewer who doesn't want to just go to the store and throw things together.

Brewing Classic Styles, might be a good one to look at.

If you like Belgians , Brew Like a Monk, is great. It does not really give recipes, but explains what works for the style. Lots of history in there too.

Definitely Brewing Classic Styles. Stay away from the Szamatulski books and the Papazian recipes from the 1970s (the first because they are kind of questionable, the second because they are so vague and non-specific). There are also very good recipes in the Belgian beer series (Farmhouse Ales, Brew Like a Monk, Wild Brews), Gordon Strong's Brewing Better Beer, and Stan Hieronymus's Brewing with Wheat.

I just recently purchased ..The brew master's Bible...not really impressed with the book as a whole but but it has a good section on recipe formulation and a pretty good section of recipes already put together

Latest posts

Back