Help with Love digital controller error :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vwchris

Reaction score
I just installed a Love TSX3-500122 and in keeps giving me an EP2 error. What do I do to fix this. The instruction sheet tells what the error is (probe error) but the probe is hooked up and does register the temperature. Apparently it has something to do with defrost??? Please help! Thanks.

I just installed a Love TSX3-500122 and in keeps giving me an EP2 error. What do I do to fix this. The instruction sheet tells what the error is (probe error) but the probe is hooked up
EP2 means defrost probe #2 bad (open, shorted, etc.) or wiring problem.

does register the temperature. Apparently it has something to do with defrost??? Please help! Thanks.
Display and compare probe #1 temp to probe #2 without removing the probes, should be the same if placed close to each other.

Are both probes the same type?

Post wiring pics.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

When I ordered it the customer service lady said I only needed 1 probe. I questioned It since there were two hookup spots.

Wiring for the power side:
White - neutral (6)
Black - incoming power from the backside of the original freezer controller (7)
Green - jumper from power to one leg of open contact (7) to (8)
Green - from other side of open contact to compressor (9)

Wiring for probe:
Probe wires - neutral and probe hookup 1 (3) and (4)

Where should the other probe hook to?

Sorry, new here and still figuring the site out. Not sure how to post pics yet. Thank you for the help!

When I ordered it the customer service lady said I only needed 1 probe. I questioned It since there were two hookup spots.

White - neutral (6)

Wiring for probe:

Sorry, new here and still figuring the site out. Not sure how to post pics yet. Thank you for the help!

To get you going set P6 to NO
Temp probe #2 connects to terminal 2 & 3 if your set-up requires it.

Why did you pick the TSX3 series over the TS?

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Ok, I'll try it. Thanks.
I used this controller because of a design on here and in the last BYO magazine. It showed using a TSX-10140 but I was told it was no longer available and this was the replacement for it.

So 1 probe on 2-3 and the other on 3-4 correct?

Thank you for the help!

I tried to set P6 to NO but it wouldn't let me. I would change to no and when hitting set it would flip back to yes. Only way to get out of the screen was to have it "yes"? Any ideas? Thanks.

I tried to set P6 to NO but it wouldn't let me. I would change to no and when hitting set it would flip back to yes. Only way to get out of the screen was to have it "yes"? Any ideas? Thanks.

Can you change any parameters?
If yes lets try this first, set d2 to 0 (disables defrost)
Now try P6.

I used this controller because of a design on here and in the last BYO magazine. It showed using a TSX-10140 but I was told it was no longer available and this was the replacement for it.
The TS or TSS2 series would have been a better choice for your application.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Fellas, do you have a diagram for this.. i bought one for my freezer and i'm thinking i'm straight with the wiring... but i dont want to blow anything and want to get it right the first time.. I have the tsx3-500122 and I want to do the following:

1. Run one plug to the wall from the unit for power.
2. Run the relay to an outlet on the back side of the fridge where i'll have the Compressor and a small wall-wart that will power my 9v fan.

Any help appreciated... if you can use actual numbers from the panel on the back that would be great and easy.

I was never able to get that model to work so I switched to the TS2. I don't know if the TSX3 was faulty or what but it worked just fine with the new one.

thanks... well i hope i can get it... If i do i'll post a detailed diagram... i just thought the the "blue" LED would be better considering its for cooling than the red LED.

i know there's someone here that can help.. mine is throwing a CP2 error aswell.. i'm wondering if i have to jump the thermoter from 1/2 into 3/4??

White - neutral (6)

Wiring for probe:

i think your wiring is wrong.

500122 is the TWO output model, correct?

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/PDF_files/TSX3_iom.pdf

you should be following the middle diagram.
Probe 1 goes across 2&3

Include one more besides P6 and d2.
Set d12 to SD1

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

FYI

just got my tsx3 and had the probe 2 error.

Changing these parameters as Cladius instructed fixed the problem. Once d12 is set to SD1 the unit no longer requires an SD2 input. At that point you can change P6 to NO.

this's a very sexy unit btw :)

Back