chrome plated shanks???problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discgolfin

Reaction score
ok ..so I finally broke down my whole system to clean..way to long..I have ss foreward seal facuets with 3/16 inner shanks chrome plated. I looked inside the shanks and its seems to have coroded...anyone else have this problem?? The beer started to taste a bit off so it was time to clean everything..should I just jump into an all ss set up?? MIcromatic has 1/4 ID ss shanks..just need some advice on this..anyone else use 3/16 lines into 1/4 shanks??work well.??

Thanks.

Jay

ok ..so I finally broke down my whole system to clean..way to long..I have ss foreward seal facuets with 3/16 inner shanks chrome plated. I looked inside the shanks and its seems to have coroded...anyone else have this problem?? The beer started to taste a bit off so it was time to clean everything..should I just jump into an all ss set up?? MIcromatic has 1/4 ID ss shanks..just need some advice on this..anyone else use 3/16 lines into 1/4 shanks??work well.??

Thanks.

Jay

No one have this problem?? The inside of the shanks looks coroded...I decided to finally go to SS shanks to go with my ss perlicks..

Jay

Mine turned blackish is some places but I haven't noticed any effect on the beer.

Back