Brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsalot

Reaction score
Brewing my first hefe, AHS Bavarian Hefeweizen extract, any body brewed this batch, any suggestions on brewinga wheat beer for the first time?
:mug:

Congrats! Hefe's ROCK!

The yeast is the most important part of a hefe so try and keep the temps as constant as you can. Also, you don't need a secondary bc they're supposed to be cloudy. Last, drink them young.

I bottled mine 2 weeks after brew day straight from the primary. Give it time to carb and be this guy----> :tank: :drunk:

+1 on drinking them young - I've made three hefe's (the third is in primary now) and a dunkelweizen and with all of them I've gone two or three weeks in primary straight to bottle. At about three weeks or so in the bottle they are prime drinking age. I saved a 12'er of my first batch for about 6 months and it wasn't nearly as good at that age.

Also just food for thought - make a dunkelweizen or another hefe the day you bottle or keg your first hefe and pitch onto the yeast cake. It works fantastic and saves you money on the liquid yeast by using it twice - especially if you are time challenged or kinda lazy (I am occasionally both) and don't have the attitude or aptitude for harvesting yeast to use again.

Back