I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So,,, sharps... when will you make the trip to Florida, over 3 miles clearance for long range shooting, show me how to shoot some of these guns granddad left me, other family members not interested in guns, so I got them. I got a 1969 45. Ruger in good shape that needs to be used, 7 rifles bigger than my .22 that I need to learn how to use and a couple pistols including a .38.

Well Bobbi, I would love to come and do some shooting with you. We could probably drink a beer 10 also.
I'm afraid something like 3500 miles just might prevent me from making her though.
I think I have one more East Coast trip in me.
When my daughter is a little older I would like to go back to Washington DC and see all the museums and memorials and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier with her.
I haven't seen that stuff in around 30 years, but some of that is stuff the kids should see to understand where we come from.

I only been through Florida one time.
We were headed down to Panama and flying commercial and we flew through Florida.
I remember because when we got over the asphalt coming in for a landing, it was so hot and the thermals were so strong off of that pavement that one of our wings dipped far enough that I was a little nervous being that close to the ground.

You guys and your early drinking... I was already thinking about having a little before you all chimed in. A short pour of my Saison will do. It's not my fault my efficiency was so good, and it's 9% :drunk:

image-3388825560.jpg

Yes, I guess Washington state to Florida is about as far away as you can get within the US. I sit on my porch and shoot squirrels with my .22, my dog goes and gets them, piles them up at my feet. Mostly I cook them up for the dog to eat, saves money on dog food, but other times, I'll take bites and if it's good meat, I'll cook them up in a dish for me and hubby. Right now, I got a trap out for a possum that decided to live under the house. I'm going to eat that huge bastard if I can catch him.

BobbiLynn said:
Yes, I guess Washington state to Florida is about as far away as you can get within the US. I sit on my porch and shoot squirrels with my .22, my dog goes and gets them, piles them up at my feet. Mostly I cook them up for the dog to eat, saves money on dog food, but other times, I'll take bites and if it's good meat, I'll cook them up in a dish for me and hubby. Right now, I got a trap out for a possum that decided to live under the house. I'm going to eat that huge bastard if I can catch him.

This is too much awesome for one post

For lunch, I am having venison chili. The last of the kill(frozen since last season), eating the shoulder cooked just right.

I would without question try nutria, particularly if I trusted the hunter/cook/restaurant that served it to me. In fact it is on my bucket list of foods to try.

Hows that for an NYC liberal ******? ;) ;)

I would without question try nutria, particularly if I trusted the hunter/cook/restaurant that served it to me. In fact it is on my bucket list of foods to try.

Hows that for an NYC liberal ******? ;) ;)

Proud of you! People will miss out on some good eatin' if they want to be picky about what they eat. Small game has a different flavor than larger game, in my opinion. Sweet and tender if you clean/cook it right. Grab it with your fingers and the meat nearly flakes apart. Juicy, melt in your mouth, yum!!!

I did my 22 pistol match shooting today. Man I need a lot of practice!

We did an offhand 50 foot rifle target also just for fun.
The black is about the size of a half dollar and the 10 ring is a dot.
The idea is 10 shots and score all 10's.
Humbling.

Took my daughter to the park afterwards. At least that went well.

With my .22 I can kill a squirrel up to 100 feet away, aim straight at their little heart, boom. I actually like shooting from further away because then the bullet hardly even penetrates the skin, just a shock and they die. Closer and I take a head shot, then chop the head off quick before the blood seeps into the meat. Drop from the tree, my dog darts after it, brings it to me. Not many people like to target practice with me. :rockin:

I use to do a lot of shooting.
With the divorce and then being a single dad I haven't shot much in about three years.
The idea of this is to get me back into it.

The shoot is handgun, one hand and offhand shooting.
I also have a version of a 1911 in 22 caliber so it's no target gun!
It will make me a better shot though.

With my .22 I can kill a squirrel up to 100 feet away, aim straight at their little heart, boom. I actually like shooting from further away because then the bullet hardly even penetrates the skin, just a shock and they die. Closer and I take a head shot, then chop the head off quick before the blood seeps into the meat. Drop from the tree, my dog darts after it, brings it to me. Not many people like to target practice with me. :rockin:

I would hang with you Bobbi. I am sure up close you can kick my butt but lets extend the range out and let me use one of my bench guns:p

Small game is tasty if prepared right. My chuck stew has carrots, onions and potatoes dumped in a crock pot all day long with a nice porter beer with it.

Man I am getting hungry just thinking about it

I don't have anything special for meat handy, but I think I need to make some stew soon.
You're making me hungry.

I would hang with you Bobbi. I am sure up close you can kick my butt but lets extend the range out and let me use one of my bench guns:p

I've got 3 miles clearance for long range shooting, along the power lines. The electric company just leases the land, enough to run their lines, I can do whatever I want with the 25 feet on either side that they cleared for me. Fun, fun, let's hang out sometime...

I've got the guns for out to about 1000 yards. Something appropriate for most anything in-between too.
I've never been able to practice that far, but I have the technology.

Well, hubby says it's 3 miles total the power company leases, any one straight shot is at the most 1.2 miles. But he said, damn, that's sniper crap, what we've got is all we'll ever need.

I've got 3 miles clearance for long range shooting, along the power lines. The electric company just leases the land, enough to run their lines, I can do whatever I want with the 25 feet on either side that they cleared for me. Fun, fun, let's hang out sometime...

I am good out to a mile for the most part. I got a mile range set up and REALLY need to spend some trigger time but to dang cold right now

Well, hubby says it's 3 miles total the power company leases, any one straight shot is at the most 1.2 miles. But he said, damn, that's sniper crap, what we've got is all we'll ever need.

Oh heck that reminds me as well. Riding snow machines along the power lines her is just a ton of fun when the snow is deep and the powder soft.

I am good out to a mile for the most part. I got a mile range set up and REALLY need to spend some trigger time but to dang cold right now

What have you got? A 50 bmg or a 338 Lapua?
Not many things that reach out and touch something a mile away.

What have you got? A 50 bmg or a 338 Lapua?
Not many things that reach out and touch something a mile away.

Well hehe I got both. I tend to shoot the Lapua more than the 50 though.

Last few years though I have been going smaller. I have a .204 that I am pretty good with out to 800 yards. Good enough to shoot chucks with at that range though.

I had a youtube video of me shooting long range chucks and some idiot had removed. I think my 300 yard head shot is still up though....He made a tasty stew

He's been around a little. I have a theory that being a father is kicking his ass ;)

Nah, it's been more that I've made a conscious effort to stay out of the debate forum. And since that was where I did a lot of my posting, cutting that out has resulted in a lot less activity in general. :p

We have, so far as I can tell, a very easy baby, relative to many.

BrewKnurd said:
Nah, it's been more that I've made a conscious effort to stay out of the debate forum. And since that was where I did a lot of my posting, cutting that out has resulted in a lot less activity in general. :p

We have, so far as I can tell, a very easy baby, relative to many.

Good to hear. My boys are were very easy to care for as well at that age.

I'm not sure who posted that baked potato soup link yesterday, but I've got a pot of it cooking right now and it is smelling dang good :9

Well I've really enjoyed the company on here but I am done with the site.

In another thread someone referred to the NRA as the IRA, a terrorist group.
When I responded in a way that I felt was appropriate for what he said, I got reprimanded.
The person calling so many Americans terrorists is fine though.

Don't need it, but figured I would stop into this thread and say it's been fun.
You guys are great.

You guys are great.

Just stay out of the debate forum, like we said!!! Of course you do not have time for it!!! Forget them, hang out with us and listen to some good music... come on, let's get some soothing music going... for those trying to break themselves away from the big debate...

45_70sharps said:
Well I've really enjoyed the company on here but I am done with the site.

In another thread someone referred to the NRA as the IRA, a terrorist group.
When I responded in a way that I felt was appropriate for what he said, I got reprimanded.
The person calling so many Americans terrorists is fine though.

You guys are great.

Just don't go there. Even ask TX to hide it from you. That is the only place on the forum where that kind of behavior is tolerated.

Back