new rubbermaid 10 gallon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turfguy1969

Reaction score
I was at Home Depot after work today and saw a 10 gallon rubbermaid with lid for 39.99. It has the Home Depot label on the side. but brandy new! I don't know if it was a regional thing but they had 3 of them in Buffalo(mckinley plaza). I thought that was a killer deal as I am adding parts slowly to all grain.

There was a thread on this a couple of months ago so I rushed out to Home Depot in Mt. Prospect, Ilinois and bought one for $39.99. They only had 2 in stock. I don't think they have any left. You're lucky to get one at that price

is a good snag! i got my ten gallon cooler from gander mountian for 19.99 about two years ago. i'm certian it was mispriced, but the tag said so. :)

Was down at Home Depot in the Florissant, MO area last week and they had a couple pallets of these 10 gal. coolers if anyone is looking for one in that area.

$39.00 for a 10 gallon Rubbermaid water cooler is actually a pretty decent price. Froogle it and you'll see. I picked up one last year and it was a great upgrade from my 5 gallon Gott water cooler.

Reidman said:
That actually sounds pricey to me..

Wouldn't Wally world have them cheaper..?

Not for a 10 gallon -- that's a great price.

The 5 gallons are much cheaper, though, and you can get those at Wal-Mart for relatively cheap.

They're seasonal at the Depot, so they should start having them in stock soon. I bought mine a few months back and it took 4 guys and a forklift to get it for me.

As to the price: they're great quality and they hold their temps.

Piece of advice: get a sheet of gasket material for the inside and outside.

Henry Hill said:
Uh,...... what?

They sell a 4" x6" sheet of rubber that you can cut up to make your own gaskets. Rhoob turned me onto this trick and it worked great. Cut the hole to the inside diameter of your pipe.

Back