My latest B3 orders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyBoy

Reaction score
So on Monday I placed orders for over $1700 in parts from B3. I broke it up into 5 orders so if they didn't have an item it wouldn't hold up everything. Just a few other parts. I also made sure that I separated all the items that probably needed built (pro chiller, pro pump, etc.) I check up on my orders this morning and only one is "being picked". Looks like the others still haven't even started. I expected maybe one or two of these orders to be held up but not all but one! I will be very dissappointed if it takes longer for these guys to put together my order than it is to ship it out to me. Although all my parts stated that they were in stock I am beginning to think that there might be an inventory issue.

So on Monday I placed orders for over $1700 in parts from B3. I broke it up into 5 orders so if they didn't have an item it wouldn't hold up everything. Just a few other parts. I also made sure that I separated all the items that probably needed built (pro chiller, pro pump, etc.) I check up on my orders this morning and only one is "being picked". Looks like the others still haven't even started. I expected maybe one or two of these orders to be held up but not all but one! I will be very dissappointed if it takes longer for these guys to put together my order than it is to ship it out to me. Although all my parts stated that they were in stock I am beginning to think that there might be an inventory issue.

I stopped shopping there when I placed orders for "in stock" items, that turned out to be "out of stock" two weeks later and I never got my order. They recieved 100% of my business until that game started. There are a lot of great suppliers and the market is getting very competitive.

I stopped shopping there when I placed orders for "in stock" items, that turned out to be "out of stock" two weeks later and I never got my order. They recieved 100% of my business until that game started. There are a lot of great suppliers and the market is getting very competitive.

I remember the talks here about "in stock" items not being at B3 and thats why I am now worrying that this is the case. I did have several items that I needed to get from B3 but I am seriously considering having B3 a "last resort" supplier for future orders.

i placed an order on the 15th and im not expected to recieve it untill the 4th.

What shipping option did you choice? Keep in mind if you selected their free shipping option that they do have a disclaimer that it takes 2-4 business days to get it out.

| MoreBeer

Today is your 4th day.

On a side note, I like B3 when I can make it into one of their retail locations, but if I order online, I just have to place a week in advance if I want their free shipping that is.

When using their free shipping, I've noticed they take about 2-3 days just to package up the order. It only takes 1-2 days to get here once UPS picks it up. However, if I pay for the shipping it usually is packaged up and sent out the next day. I called and griped about stuff that was out of stock on my order, and they replied with "Getting our inventory tied to our online store is one of our goals for 2009." It's hard to believe a company that size wouldn't have a live inventory reflected to their online store. For a small place, I can see that but not a large corporation that deals in volume. Just a disaster waiting to happen, especially when times get tight and you start carrying less inventory. I'm done ordering through them until they get a "live" inventory system and start packaging stuff up faster. I'd love to support a semi-local business, but for now my LHBS or Austin Homebrew will be getting my orders...

Why is MoreBeer called/referred to as B3? This has always confused me. I've never used them and can't access their site at work which is when I do all my brew related browsing/shopping.

B3 = Beer, Beer, and more Beer

morebeer.com is there website

I have ordered from them and have always been very impressed. However, I haven't ordered in a year and there stuff is continually back ordered and there have been a great number of problems reported here.

morebeer
morewine
morecoffee.

I am always patient when I order for the free shipping,
but you dumped a load of money.
Call them , and just ask. they have always been very friendly an helpful to me.

I was beat by BK and Flyangler 18. And I'm probably wrong about the coffee and wine thing.

B3 = Beer, Beer, and more Beer

morebeer.com is there website

I have ordered from them and have always been very impressed. However, I haven't ordered in a year and there stuff is continually back ordered and there have been a great number of problems reported here.

Beer, Beer and More Beer = B3.

EDIT: Dammit, BK beat me to it!

Thanks guys, now the tough one, Anyone know why Buffalo Wild Wings isreferred to as BW3's?

Oh, and did I mention....This is a HIJACK! EVERYONE ON THE FLOOR!

When I order and use free shipping it takes 8 day's to receive my order, no more no less. At least their consistent.

Thanks guys, now the tough one, Anyone know why Buffalo Wild Wings isreferred to as BW3's?

I haven't heard of BW3, but I have heard it called B-Dubs a lot.
(and a little trivia.....why are buffalo wings called buffalo wings? Buffalos don't even have wings.)

I ordered a sack of two row and the next day it was out the door. I had to pay shipping. Ran me $1.11/lb.

Them and Williams are the closest to me. I've used B3 a lot with out problems. I wish they had a store here.

In Utah, I would try a couple others. AHS is in Texas (obviously) and Homebrew Heaven is here in Seattle. Both are not too far from you and would ship fairly fast. I have found their customer service to be far far better than B3.

BTW, Utah passed the bill.

Yeah, a couple months back, I spent a couple days putting stuff in my B3 cart, then talking to people on forums, changing my mind, etc. Once I had what I wanted, I added everything at once, it all read as "in stock". Cool. Placed my order. Then, 2 days later, I see that the entire order is being held up because the barbed fittings they said were in stock, weren't. So I canceled my order and re-did everything, subbing in brass barbs for the SS. Two days later, same thing, order's on hold because, now, they'd run out of the entire valve assembly. That was the last straw---I'd wasted about a week dicking around with these people...so I went to NB, ordered everything I needed for about the same price (a little less, actually), and they shipped it next day.

I wrote the support at morebeer about this experience, and this is what they said:

I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I will be the first one to admit that there are flaws in our inventory accuracy. This is the absolute number one goal for our company in '09. Rather than make excuses I would rather ask you what I can do to make this situation better for you. I am always happy to ship you the bulk of your order now, and send the backorder item later with no additional shipping charges of course. The problem we ran into on the weldless fittings is that the heart of the system is a 1/2" BSPP threads coupler that we get from overseas and they are not due in for sometime. This is definitely unacceptable so we have sourced some locally and they will be here in house next week. Would the split shipment be an acceptable resolution to this problem?

By then, I had already ordered from NB...and anyway, it was not an acceptable solution, as the entire system was useless without the damn valve/bulkhead assembly, so shipping the rest to me right away does me no good. It's like, oh, hey, the engine to your car is backordered, but we can let you take the rest of the car home today. Yeah, thanks, that does me a whole lot of good!

Then, I read how this has been happening to a bunch of other people on here too, and swore them off until they can demonstrate that they have fixed their inventory problems. There are way too many good purveyors online to be suckered into poor service by free shipping. I recently switched to NB for all my online shopping...because B3's inventory system blows, and AHS has been taking 3 to 4 days (sometimes more) to pull orders lately, whereas NB ships the next day, and have not ever given me problems with inventory.

Yeah, after two weeks of no communication, I emailed them. Thier solution was to send me NO hops, but the rest of the order including CRUSHED grain. Sweet.

Never mind that they had pellet cascade in stock, the backorder was only on leaf.

I had flawless service from them for a couple years, but after this, I swore them off, too much of a hassle to have to worry about an "in stock" item, not being "in stock".

I received a different order I placed last Thursday. Part of the order was the Grain Gobbler.

Let me point out how extremely disappointed I am with the quality of this item. The corners of the hopper were bent, the sides are made out of plastic and I can only imagine how soon it is until the screws work loose in that material, the drive roller rolls wobbly (about .020-.025") and the shaft coming out of the mill for the drill was not tapped straight so when I turn on my drill everything shakes. At $209 I would of expected a much higher quality product and I am surprised at what I received.

I am thinking about getting a Barley Crusher from Northern Brewer once I return this piece of junk. Anyone use one of these?

Shop around for the Barley Crusher, my LHBS sells them for $120, Brewmasters Warehouse sells them for $125 and $6.99 shipping. So $2 less than NB... good pricing!

I have a BC... you will never be disappointed

$210 for a mill???? That thing ought to be GOLD PLATED!

Wild Wings and Weck (sauce)

Wrong answer. Well, partly.

After debating this with others, one day I happen to notice a little paragraph in the back of the menu that explained this. Weck is correct, but it's a bread, as they use to specialize in sandwiches on their special breads. Eventually they dropped the "weck" line.

I've found that when talking to folks "up north" (Ohio and north/east) it's referred to as BW3's, because in the early years, it carried the 3 Ws. Around here, where we just started seeing the joint pop up in the last 5 years or so, it's commonly referred to as BW's.

Edit - after typing all this useless dribble (please excuse me, it's Friday, and I'd really rather be at home enjoying a home brew with some music pumping thru the house while I put off the little odd jobs) I began to wonder about my own sanity - er, memory, and checked their website.

"What the Heck is a Weck?? A Weck is short for kimmelweck, a Kaiser roll seasoned with special toppings. These tasty rolls are popular on the East Coast and were served at our restaurants when we first opened. In 1998, we officially changed our name to Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar to better describe our restaurants."

-as you were.

I am thinking about getting a Barley Crusher from Northern Brewer once I return this piece of junk. Anyone use one of these?

I can personally attest that the BarleyCrusher is an awesome piece of machinery, and I honestly can not think of a single instance in which someone said that they didn't like it. It's pretty much the only homebrew product I know of that seems to have a 100% approval rating.

I keep shopping from Northern Brewer, because they have never once screwed up ANYTHING on me. I can't recall many instances when anyone has ever complained about them. MidWest, too, seems to be pretty universally liked, although I can't personally attest for them.

I hear ya!

I was so surprised to see that the sides of the GG were some kind of high density plastic. I didn't realize this when I ordered the mill.

My big gripe is that this is one of the most expensive mills so it should be built with quality materials. Seeing that this is built at B3 they probably make a killing on the markup so why build it so cheaply?

Shop around for the Barley Crusher, my LHBS sells them for $120, Brewmasters Warehouse sells them for $125 and $6.99 shipping. So $2 less than NB... good pricing!

I have a BC... you will never be disappointed

+1, barley crusher rocks. I like the one with the 15# hopper which is just a bit more expensive. My LHBS has one for $148 I think, and online stores are about the same. Great product, although I will say the screws that hold the hopper on were a little loose. Had to get in there with a socket and screwdriver, but since then all I've done is crushed a crapload of grain! :rockin:

I remember the talks here about "in stock" items not being at B3 and thats why I am now worrying that this is the case. I did have several items that I needed to get from B3 but I am seriously considering having B3 a "last resort" supplier for future orders.

Call them. In the time you have spent posting this you would know for sure and they would send you all the stuff that is not back ordered. They've always been easy for me to deal with, but most of the time I had to tell them of my concern.

I have done all my online shopping with NB and have always been very happy with their inventory, shipping, and customer service. I acquired some pin lock kegs last week and needed a couple of poppets. NB doesn't stock this style of poppet, so after looking around, I found them at B3. In stock! Wait... no, no it wasn't. After almost a week, I got an email regarding backordered poppets. So I canceled, found the poppets at Williams, and ordered from them instead.

Not the best first experience, especially when you're used to a high level of service from other online retailers. Based on my experience, and the documented experience of SO MANY others on HBT, I likely won't shop with B3 again unless I can't find the products I need elsewhere.

Call them. In the time you have spent posting this you would know for sure and they would send you all the stuff that is not back ordered. They've always been easy for me to deal with, but most of the time I had to tell them of my concern.

+1 I would call them NOW so if there is a snag it will get them right on it. I have experienced some of the same challenges others have mentioned here but a phone call has ALWAYS been to my benefit. You'll be glad you did!

Had the EXACT Same issue with B3 about a year ago. Something was supposed to be in stock, never shipped. Wound up waiting almost a Friggin Month before I got what I ordered. To put salt into the wound, I called Customer Service and wound up with some kid that sounded like he was so stoned it wasn't even funny. He also had a "I don't give a **** attitude", so I simply stopped ordering from them.

Nowadays, Northern Brewer and Brewmasterswarehouse get 99% of all my online business.

I agree with the fact that they are easy to deal with. Most of the time I call I speak to a guy named Ryan who has been very cool to speak to. A customer not have to chase down orders though. Especially when there are other vendors out there...

...Well, I have a T.C. O2 stone and a T.C. tee that is holding up one order. Just getting the stuff that is not back ordered won't work as they are parts to build an o2 unit. (BTW the pro O2 unit is $349, the parts separately cost $298.)

I acquired some pin lock kegs last week and needed a couple of poppets. NB doesn't stock this style of poppet, so after looking around, I found them at B3. In stock! Wait... no, no it wasn't. After almost a week, I got an email regarding backordered poppets. So I canceled, found the poppets at Williams, and ordered from them instead.

It gets better... I canceled my order on the 2/26, and today 3/12 I got an email from MoreBeer saying that my order had been shipped! Called and got it straightened out, but the box is already on the way. Not only did they lose my business the first go around, but now they get to pay double to ship an order that never should have gone out! What a way to run a railroad...

Same story with B3. I've had a couple of orders backlogged even though they were supposed to be in stock. I started ordering from NB for a while. Now I use Brewmaster's Warehouse. No regrets with either of those two.

Yeah, a couple months back, I spent a couple days putting stuff in my B3 cart, then talking to people on forums, changing my mind, etc. Once I had what I wanted, I added everything at once, it all read as "in stock". Cool. Placed my order. Then, 2 days later, I see that the entire order is being held up because the barbed fittings they said were in stock, weren't. So I canceled my order and re-did everything, subbing in brass barbs for the SS. Two days later, same thing, order's on hold because, now, they'd run out of the entire valve assembly. That was the last straw---I'd wasted about a week dicking around with these people...so I went to NB, ordered everything I needed for about the same price (a little less, actually), and they shipped it next day.

I wrote the support at morebeer about this experience, and this is what they said:

By then, I had already ordered from NB...and anyway, it was not an acceptable solution, as the entire system was useless without the damn valve/bulkhead assembly, so shipping the rest to me right away does me no good. It's like, oh, hey, the engine to your car is backordered, but we can let you take the rest of the car home today. Yeah, thanks, that does me a whole lot of good!

Then, I read how this has been happening to a bunch of other people on here too, and swore them off until they can demonstrate that they have fixed their inventory problems. There are way too many good purveyors online to be suckered into poor service by free shipping. I recently switched to NB for all my online shopping...because B3's inventory system blows, and AHS has been taking 3 to 4 days (sometimes more) to pull orders lately, whereas NB ships the next day, and have not ever given me problems with inventory.

I also have use NB for all my purcahses online since I starte brewing. I used them for my first order and will continue untill they give me a reason to stop. My last order was backordered on Pale malt, but they sent me an email less than 24 hours after I placed my order to tell me. Then gave me the option of sending in to shipments or sending it all at once when the grain was in stock (in 4 days). Grain showed up once grain came back in stock just when they said ti would. I will continue to use them for everything I need that they have available.

Wrong answer. Well, partly.

After debating this with others, one day I happen to notice a little paragraph in the back of the menu that explained this. Weck is correct, but it's a bread, as they use to specialize in sandwiches on their special breads. Eventually they dropped the "weck" line.

I've found that when talking to folks "up north" (Ohio and north/east) it's referred to as BW3's, because in the early years, it carried the 3 Ws. Around here, where we just started seeing the joint pop up in the last 5 years or so, it's commonly referred to as BW's.
-as you were.
Thanks for the clearing up. We used to call it BW3's when I first started going to one about8 years ago. (my god it's been that long). Now we just call it BDubs.

Welcome to the 21st century where respectable businesses have RELIABLE online ordering. Not saying using the phone is not a good way to order, but if you offer the online option, it needs to work.
The BOLD print section doesn't seem " easy to deal with" to me. Expecially in dealing with someone that wants my money.

Welcome to the 21st century where respectable businesses have RELIABLE online ordering. Not saying using the phone is not a good way to order, but if you offer the online option, it needs to work.
The BOLD print section doesn't seem " easy to deal with" to me. Expecially in dealing with someone that wants my money.

A guy posts three times in a day that he is worried about his order and it seems like a great solution.

What can I say? I'm a 21st century problem solver! :drunk:

Back