Recommendations for smoking a Boneless Ribeye Roast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyNameIsPaul

Reaction score
I'd like to smoke a Boneless Ribeye Roast for my Pops on Sunday. I've got one thats 4.25 lbs. Does anyone have any helpful hints on time and temp for this thing? Should I go with a traditional BBQ Rub, or something else?

Thanks!

Hi

Sky's the limit on this sort of thing.

Since you have time:

1) Slather it up with a marinade and stash it in the fridge for 24 hours.

2) Coat it up with a tasty rub and stuff it in your smoker for about 8 hours. Run it cool(er) and long(er) rather than hot(er) and quick(er). Smoke it the full 8 hours with something good.

What's a good marinade, rub, smoke? That depends a lot on what you like. I'm partial to mesquite, but not everybody is. I happen to like spicy (as in hot) marinades, but that's me. For rubs just about anything that has salt, garlic, hot pepper, and garlic in it works fine for me (you *can't have to much garlic).

Bob

Rinse, and dry thouroghly

coat with worcestershire sauce

rub with:

Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper Medley (red, black, green, white peppercorns)
fresh minced Rosemary
fresh minced Thyme
fresh garlic.

Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let sit for 24 hours in the frige.

Take out 2-3 hours ahead of time and allow to come to room temp.

Smoke low and slow over mesquite or hickory, 225* to desired doneness....

I usually go to an internal of 120*, this is a nice compromise between me (wandered across the grill) and my wife.....

Thanks y'all! How long would a 4 pounder take?

Cook to temp...there really is no hard and fast guidelines due to the fact that the marbling and fat content of the cut of meat will directly impact the amount of time it takes to get to desired doneness... Use a probe thermometer if you have one...

I ended up smoking it for about 3.5 hours, at 225-250* I slathered it in Worcestershire sauce, and plugged it with garlic cloves, then generously crusted it with Montreal Steak Seasoning. I pulled it from the smoker at 125* IT, it's resting in the oven now. Dinner in 45 or so. I'll probably turn the oven on and let the beef hit 135 before slicing. Can't wait to serve it to my Pops!

547124_10100202016778938_901573572_n.jpg

Back