Just bought the 15lb Barley Crusher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BierMuncher were correct. I got an email today from Kellie that said they are a week behind atm and they'll let me know as soon as they are ready to send a tracking number.

Well, I do have a recipe of some grains that are premilled that I should brew while I wait. Got total ants in my pants for doing some milling now that I'm in on one of these mills. I'm going to handcrank my first batch for giggles before adding the drill - so I appreciate it more.

Thanks again BierMuncher and Xeerohour for easing my anxieties, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Just got mine today, can't wait to use it. Quick question, when it comes there is dust and some tiny metal fragments visible on the rollers. I blew what I could off with canned air but I still see some metal flakes on it. Their instructions say to run a half pound of grain through at first and to discard it and brush the rollers off. Is that good enough to clean off the metal flakes? Dust I don't care about, just don't want any metal flakes in my beer lol.

Rev.

Just got mine today, can't wait to use it. Quick question, when it comes there is dust and some tiny metal fragments visible on the rollers. I blew what I could off with canned air but I still see some metal flakes on it. Their instructions say to run a half pound of grain through at first and to discard it and brush the rollers off. Is that good enough to clean off the metal flakes? Dust I don't care about, just don't want any metal flakes in my beer lol.

Rev.

i ran grain through it and never noticed any metal on the rollers or the beer afterwards. the grain was discarded.

i ran grain through it and never noticed any metal on the rollers or the beer afterwards. the grain was discarded.

The flakes were very small, probably wouldn't do a speck of harm anyway. I ran through a pound of grain that I had already crushed from Northern and it did one hell of a job grinding it down further at the default settings. I blew off the rollers with some canned air after so I think that's good enough.

Hey, does any know if I'll be good running wheat through this at the default setting it comes set to? I can always run the wheat through twice if necessary or run it through once then again thrown in with the barley.

Rev.

The flakes were very small, probably wouldn't do a speck of harm anyway. I ran through a pound of grain that I had already crushed from Northern and it did one hell of a job grinding it down further at the default settings. I blew off the rollers with some canned air after so I think that's good enough.

Hey, does any know if I'll be good running wheat through this at the default setting it comes set to? I can always run the wheat through twice if necessary or run it through once then again thrown in with the barley.

Rev.

i run wheat through at the same setting as everything else, i also condition the malt before milling.

Back