hops shisha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncommonsense

Reaction score
Would hops shisha be good I got all the stuff to make it. just don't know if I wanna use the last of my pipe tobacco.

dude hops are a cousin of marijuana man!!!!!! get highhhhhh

just kidding i have no idea. I would be interested in what hops smoke would smell like. let us know how it goes.

Shisha isn't actually burned, the coal just heats it up and the molasses/honey/glycerin that the tobacco is coated in turns into a vapor. The tobacco is heated slowly, and creates smoke.

If you have ever heated up shisha too quickly, you know it tastes like crap. Not really sure how you would make your own.

jbrookeiv said:
Not really sure how you would make your own.

It easy I make it all the time. I made one batch I call girl scout. It tastes just like a thin mint. You just talk long cut pipe tabacco, mix it with glycerin and honey then put flavoring in. I let it sit for a week to let it age, it smokes better if you do.

I don't know much about shisha or smoking anything in general, but I don't think it will be a pleasant experience. As you heat hops up, you isomerize the alpha and beta acids. This is what causes the bitter flavors to come up but also the skunky flavor/smell from the beta's and other compounds. Depending on the variety, I think what you'll end up with is something that tastes bitter and smells like a...

Personal experience. I hauled some EKG from our farm this summer in my minivan. A couple of cones dropped to the floor and I didn't catch them. A couple days later the black van sat in the August sun and probably hit 130F or more. That thing smelled like skunk for 3 weeks until I found the two offenders. My family was more than a bit mad.

Back