Another Fermentation Chamber Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HellBentBrewCo

Reaction score
I want to build a heated AND cooled fermentation chamber. I have a built in shelf I'm going to use and I'm thinking the bottom will be the chilled portion and the top the heated. The chilled section I think I have a good idea on, will just cut in a mini fridge. I'm struggling with the heated side.

I'm going to wall in the compartment with pink foam board insulation but how should I heat it and control the temp? My basement gets down to 58 degrees so there wouldn't need to be much heat. I have room for 5 fermentors in each compartment

I've seen people use the small fan heaters that you can get from wal-mart..

I thought about using a heating pad (or a couple of them) from a petstore (the ones used for reptiles)

:shrug

just a thought!

I want to build a heated AND cooled fermentation chamber. I have a built in shelf I'm going to use and I'm thinking the bottom will be the chilled portion and the top the heated. The chilled section I think I have a good idea on, will just cut in a mini fridge. I'm struggling with the heated side.

I'm going to wall in the compartment with pink foam board insulation but how should I heat it and control the temp? My basement gets down to 58 degrees so there wouldn't need to be much heat. I have room for 5 fermentors in each compartment

100w light bulb

Incandescent light bulbs do not emit UV rays.

Which correct me if I'm wrong, skunk the beer....

Latest posts

Back