thinking about a new kegerator (fridge)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eastendershomebrew

Reaction score
hey everyone,
I am really considering a brand new refridgerator to rebuild my kegerator with. I recieved a used fridge for nothing and built a nice full kegerator with 3 soon to be 4 taps coming out the front. But the fridge has frosted up twice before and now its frosting up again and not freezing the stuff in the freezer. I was considering a black, 18 CuFt, kenmore fridge from sears for 390.00. any thoughts or ideas?

I bought a cheapo 18cuft frigidaire from bestbuy for around that price last year. The nice thing about it is that it has the coils on back, so i was able to drill through the side of the fridge for the taps, and leave the door intact for drinks. It's been fine in the garage where it's located; ~110F consistently for the last few weeks.

You cannot count on being able to hold serving temperatures in the fridge and keep things frozen in freezer compartment. Learned that the hard way.

+1 the fridge is just a vent that allows freezer air into the other compartment.

Yeah, chest freezers are nice. More efficient and can hold a lot more. I'd go that route.

Back