Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, yours was a strong influence on this design (ok, I totally stole it! :D) I am planning on having the top be completely separate from the base, attached to the lid of the freezer, tower and all. I just ordered the freezer today, so construction will commence in another week or so! :ban:
Didja ever end up building your kegerator design? I'd love to see it.

Here is our new kegerator, before and after. We bought the fridge for $75 and repainted it 1957 Chevy blue using car paint. It came out better then I thought it would.

3923496480_5c722f967a.jpg
3981506877_fb3b57409e.jpg

More pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kohtz/sets/72157622253095425/

ckohtz
Beautiful work. I love the old fridge thing. If I had more room in the house I'd want one.
There's a nice orange repaint on craigslist in my area (dallas,tx) http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/atq/1447288832.html

Thanks! That fridge looks nice too. I found there are generally a lot of old fridges to choose from on craigslist, but you have to be fast. They go quick. One thing I forgot to mention is that we took the fridge apart, cleaned it all up, sanded and painted it ourselves. It holds two kegs. It was a fun project.

kegerator.JPG

Here ya go. Luckily I got this for free thanks to a very very generous person who was moving back to austrailia. It started out with just the freezer and the collar. I had to add the hardware including taps, manifold, lines, and supply the gas tank.

Still the hardest part was already done the collar.

I want to thank everyone for posting their Kegerators, I have been reading each and every one of these pages several times and decided it is time for the mechanically challanged to start a similar project.

I am going to decide on what I need and then go from there...you all have been an inspiration.

:mug:

No clicking....

I'm assuming those tags are for remembering what is in each keg? I like.

Much more. Each label lists the name of the beer (usually the same as the style: pale ale, IPA, heff), the complete recipe, date brewed, date transferred to secondary, date kegged. On the back, I write the date kegged in big numbers.

I no longer keep a log. If a beer is particularly good, I look a the label and make it again. If not, I don't.

Yeah, I thought about getting hinges that allow the doors to lift off, cause it would be impossible to get the hinges/tracks that slide the doors into the cabinet.

The doors open further than the previous pic, here's one with the bar section doors open all the way, like they were for the party. It opens pretty far.

IMG_4234_Medium_.JPG

That is just awesome.

this thread is huge, didn't realize how many others were out there making swiss cheese out of the side of their fridges :)

here's my setup:
kegerator1.jpg

kegerator2.jpg

co2 & nitrogen tanks
kegerator3.jpg

and while we're at it, the next batch to go in. lot o work keepin 4 taps full ya know.
brews.jpg

I also cannot post pictures :(

However, I also just finished making a kegerator. The pictures are in my profile. About the only thing left I need to do is relocate the thermostat so both of my kegs will fit. I also am going to add casters to the bottom so I can roll the kegerator out on my deck for BBQ's.

I also cannot post pictures :(

However, I also just finished making a kegerator. The pictures are in my profile...

with 30 posts, they will show. you only need 25. just open the pic in your profile, below it is the web address for it, or you can right click->properties and copy the address there. use the image tags in a post, like this-
DSCF4540_562_x_750_.jpg

Updated drip tray :mug:

Wooden box, cut up roasting pan insert and plastic tray with its legs taken off and placed upside down on top. Easy to do, cheap to do and way easy to clean. About $10US to complete too. :rockin:

DSCF2844.jpg

DSCF2841.jpg

DSCF2833.jpg

Here's a link to mine. Sorry for not posting actual pics, but it seems a bit complicated for a noob... I'm hoping to add 2 more perlicks eventually, so all 3 kegs will be available.

My Kegerator

Thanks, Arturo! It was a labor of love. And the deal was that if it looked nice, SWMBO would let me keep it in the living room! It's less than 10 steps from the couch!

Dig those long-snouted taps!

Where did you get those inserts?

They came standard with my simple micro taps from an online store here in OZ. Didn't add anything to the price either and they give a great pour restricting the flow at the end of the tap.

Pretty happy with my little build :ban:

Here's a link to mine. Sorry for not posting actual pics, but it seems a bit complicated for a noob... I'm hoping to add 2 more perlicks eventually, so all 3 kegs will be available.

My Kegerator

First off thanks for posting a public link on FB. Most people post links that don't work unless you have a FB account.........Second, that looks amazing! I love the paint job! Makes it looks like an old 50 something car. Very nice!

Back