College Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimothyChurch

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well after brewing only two batches I was inspired by Jester's thread to build a keezer. This is a very quickly and cheaply made keezer do to the fact that I am in college (WHOOP A&M) and have very little money.

P4120323.JPG

P4120324.JPG

P4120325.JPG

P4120326.JPG

P4120327.JPG

From one broke college student to another, I think it turned out great. Do you know what your total cost was?

Well my mom had the freezer, my dad bought me the taps and I got the kegs off of a guy locally for 25 each. I think the rest only ran me about 150-200. I didn't keep the receipts because I didn't want to know how much of my money I was spending.

it came out great, nice work

How about adding more wood to cover up the freezer and stain that as well. that would be REALLY nice.

Ya I thought about that but instead I painted it in a chalkboard paint so that I can label what each tap is. I might go back and cover it but I got a sailboat from my uncle that I have been rebuilding and all my money is disappearing into that.

Looks great. As a broke college student I'm envious.

My freezer was free as well but I didn't go that schfancy. $60 baby :D

Back