I'm a noob I know.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

custompainted

Reaction score
So i'm on my first batch. I'm going to go to home depot today to pick up a syphon hose... my question for you is: how do i know what is safe to use and what is not? its time to bottle up and i realized... i have no syphon hose! lol someone help please, thanks =D

Most of us use the clear plastic tubing. Do you mean you need it to rack from primary to the bottling bucket? Or to bottle the beer? If the later,you need a bottling wand,& they take a 3/8" tube. As do auto siphons. I have spigots on my primaries,& use a piece of tubing long enough to go from the spigot down to half way around the bottom of the bottling bucket.
For the bottling wand,i use the required 3/8" tubing in about 4 foot length. That way,I can sit down with everything needed to bottle within arm's reach.

Your safest bet would be to go to one of the many home brew shops in your area.

^this^. home depot is great for some things brewing, like paint strainer bags for BIAB, but i'd hesitate to use hosing from there on anything that touches beer. you want to ensure that the plastic is food grade, which the ones at a LHBS should be.

In my case,I had 2 brews ready to rack & bottle asap. But the plastic tubing at home cheapo works just fine. I think it's a bit thicker walled,too. Also,I found it in the blumbing department with all the sink hook up stuff. Being for water lines of whatever sort,it seems to bee fine after several batches.

i picked up a clear vinyl tubing made by "watts" that said 10 feet long on it...... but turned out to be 6 feet /sigh.... but it still works. just wanted to say tnx for the feedback

Back