Mixing 2 batches at bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
Anyone ever mix 2 batches for a mystery beer? I know it sounds stupid but it could be interesting.

These 2 beers are so far off I figure why not mix up 2 bottles and see how it taste.

Porter/ipa

Thoughts?

Try it. Report back with your findings. What could go wrong? Worst case scenario is you get two bottles of not so great beer.

There is absolutely no reason not to try doing that with two bottles. If you wanted to do the entire batch I'd say you might regret it, but there's nothing wrong with experimentation.

I would mix into a fermenter and let it sit for a few days. Depending on yeast strains and fermentation conditions I could see a potential for some additional fermentation. Might be that one of the yeasties likes to eat some remaining fermentables in the other beer.

I won't be the last.

Yeah I might put done in a half gallon jug. Let it sit....

I do it in KEGS everyonce in a while when I have a batch that is "Too Dark" or "Flavorless" mix the two together and get a drinkable beer.

I just took an existing Porter and mixed it with a HefeWeisen to make a DunkleWeisen.... I had an extra large batch of Hefe, was kegging it so I did a little blending to make a different beer.

I would mix the two in your bottleing bucket so they completely blend and then add you priming sugar.

DPB

Latest posts

Back