Updated my Labels Based Off Critique From The Forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cshrode21

Reaction score
They look pretty good as pictures. They look amazing on the bottles!

FrontPorchforAvery.jpg

PoolSideforAvery.jpg

backpatioforAvery.jpg

CaptainsWheelforAvery.jpg

Glanced back at your previous post about your labels and must say these are great looking. Would really catch your eye on a shelf :mug:

What software did you use to make them? I've spent hours messing with word and downloaded gimp2.

The word labels look like crap, and I can't seem to figure out how to use gimp2.

i like em. I have one suggestion, but if you are happy with them then i'll keep it to myself. Especially if you've already printed all four.

I used gimp2. It took me awhile just playing around with everything but I finally learned how to use it. google gimp tutorials online and it should help you learn the basics of the program. By all means I'm open to any suggestions so please let me hear what you got.

i like all of your labels save for the last one. Your first three labels all do a good job of color coordinating between the image and the text. Pool side uses a similar blue in the text and image. Front Porch shares similar reds.

The last one doesn't do that. The blue/red and black/gold don't seem to compliment each other in the way that you do your other labels. That is all, it just looks broken up and clashes a bit for my taste.

Again, all good, it's just something little that i think you did well in the first three but not as good in the last one.

thanks, thats actually a good point and was my least favorite label going into it. but after putting it on the bottle I ended up being pleasantly surprised with it though. But I see what your saying. I might look at it and see if I can change the colors up some.

Latest posts

Back