pintley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catspajamas

Reaction score
I've searched around and haven't seen this on HBT.

http://www.pintley.com

Basically its a site where you rate beers you have tried on a scale of 1-5 and the site will give you recommendations on what beers you might like that you haven't tried.

Might be useful to some of you.

:mug:

Prost.

It's definitely an awesome site. I think it's still learning my taste, but it will be fun to try beers that they recommend and have it update my recommendations.

Like Pandora for beer.

I've really been enjoying this site. On one hand I'm amazed at how many beers I've tried (I travel a lot with work so I have the advantage of being able to try many regional beers) and on the other I'm amazed at how many more I need to try lol. Over the past month I've let the site pick out my beers for me and it has done a nice job so far. It can really help you if you're overwhelmed by the large selection at the specialty stores. I've seperated the beers I've drank in two categories on there. Ones I've drank recently enough to write taste notes on and ones that I only remember if I liked them or not. I just spent an hour just browsing this site and writing reviews.

I joined and rated a hundred beers or so because a guy on another site was trying to win an award and use the money to go to NHC so I wanted to help out.

When I got some beers rated I was actually surprised at how good the recommendations are (top 5 recommendations had at least 2 beers in my personal top 10).

I once said I would never rate commercial beers so I guess I broke that promise.

Back