Best Coors Light EVER!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
While canoeing yesterday my sister-in-law had me hold her can of Coors Light while she went potty in the woods. Waiting around I took a few sips, then a big one, and went "wow!" I hadn't had CL in probably 12 years and was shocked to find it had so much taste and complexity and exclaimed as much out loud. My bro-in-law asked it was Stacy's beer I was drinking from. When I said yes he informed that her can was filled with homebrew. And it was good.
:tank:

you use a regular ol canopener to pop the top off the beer cans, dump out the beer, replace it with homebrew, then tap the top back on with a ball-peen hammer.

One time I was mowing my grandma's lawn. It took about 6 hours. :( I opened her fridge looking for something cold to drink and found a coors from god knows when in the back of the crisper. The label was all worn from rolling around for forever. Best canned beer I've ever had. True story.

for clarification, I was joking about the can-opener because i assumed revvy was joking about re-capping beer cans...

No, I wasn't...it sounds like the OP WAS drinking homebrew out of a recycled coors can....so I thought maybe somehone has figured out how to do it...

I can almost picture a way once could be done....I envision some sort of a solid rubber gasket the shape of the opening in a poped open can....but with a lip like a rubber grommet that would close up the openning, and manage to hold in the pressure of carbonation.

10353902.jpg

When you emptied a commercial beer can you would need to remove the pushed in pop top first.

The you would fill the sanitized can, leaving some headspace and insert the sanitized rubber gasket. The grommet lips would be strong enough to hold in the pressure of carbonation.

And there would be some sort of a ring or something on the top side that you could get your finger into to pull the gasket off.

I'm sure on a piece by piece basis they would be too expensive to can 5 gallons of beer....even if they cost a buck apiece that would be 50 bucks for 5 gallons....but maybe buying a dozen or so, and using those when you know you are going to want to be bringing a few sixpack cans on a camping or canoing trip where glass might not be that safe.

Or maybe a solid ROUND one like those grommets above. ANd you would drill a quarter inch hole in the bottom of the can....fill it with HB from there, then slip the gasket in there....and then when the beer was carbed, you could use the normal openning on the top of the can....of course you could only get one use out of cans though...bottles still are a better option then.

Great ideas, and I agree its like trying to re-invent the wheel. Just not worth trying to can homebrew!

there's always aluminum bottles. yuri already proved you can sandblast em and cap em with a bench capper, homemade or otherwise.

great thinking Revvy

Homebrew at the ball park or race track

One of my brew buddies bottles a few of each batch in plastic pop bottles with the labels on for that reason...He gets a few bottles of various brands and tries to match the color of the beer to the brand...coke for darker beers for example.....

The local BOP has a canning machine that will hook up to corny kegs so it can be done, its a lot of money so I can't see me ever doing it.

Back