DarkLord Day 2008 Saturday April 26th @ Three Floyds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaggy

Reaction score
I didn't see this posted here unless I'm a dolt lol....

I've never been to this fest, but I've been to the brewpub a few months ago and am actually going today to enjoy some brew and maybe catch the tour too.
Anyway....I'm looking forward to checking this event out.
How about you?

(BTW...this may not be in the correct forum...maybe it should be moved to events/gatherings?)

DarkLord Day 2008 Saturday April 26th 11Am-10:30pm AT THREE FLOYDS BREWING Co & BREWPUB 9750 INDIANA PKWY MUNSTER,IN 46321

DarkLord Day 2008 is the only day of the year to buy Three Floyds DarkLord Russian Imperial stout. DLD is a festival where participants can meet other beer enthusiasts, sample beers from all over ,buy DarkLord, try Oak Aged Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout ,eat BBQ, Listen to live music.

Darklord Day 2008 will be greatly improved to accommodate larger crowds, including expanded parking, more porta johns, shorter lines and more food choices.

SirHumpsalot set me up with a 2007 for our Secret Santa swap.

It's still aging in my fridge...

secretsanta5.jpg

I thought about it and decided not to go. If there is one thing I hate its waiting in a super long line for hours. It'd have been fun to go and just have beers and hang out, but it looks like it was a pretty big mess. The limit was 4 I guess and it sold out before everyone that waited got a chance to buy. And of course, there are already some on ebay.

check it out here:
http://beernews.org/2008/04/dark-lord-day-2008-troubles-overshadow-spirit-of-the-event/

I stayed in this weekend. Bottled my Dunkel... brewed my house IPA, grilled some burgers, chilled out...was nice.

I went and had a great time!
However, since I didn't get there until after 2pm, I decided not to try the line and instead just enjoy beers being sold/traded and of course the oak aged DL they served on tap:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/three-floyds-oak-aged-dark-lord-russian-imperial-stout/58590/

The limit of 2008 DL was a 6pack for $90 and it didn't look like they ran out of DL until after 3pm or so. So, if you were there early enough it seems worth the wait to chat with people in line and drink up imo. They were of course selling bombers of their other brews and their Dreadnaught was the second to run out after the DL.

We checked out a couple bands (more diversity in style would be good imo) but mostly just hung about chatting with other beer enthusiasts while enjoying killer brews on a perfect if a bit windy day.
I'll be there next year and now that I know how it works...I'll be well prepared.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back