Grain Scale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No but you can get the same basic thing on Amazon for HALF that price... I have the 50lb blue postal scale from Amazon and it was $19.50. Works great. Comes with batteries and an AC adapter.

i have a coupon that'll bring the price down to 30 bucks. after shipping from amazon, i'd probably be near that anyway. couple extra bucks for not having to deal with shipping and waiting is worth it to me.

nice! can you link to the one you're using... there's like a million scales on amazon.

That weighmax model seems like a better choice than the Ultraship 55 I was considering at $30 plus another $8 for an adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a 5# Homer bucket. Mine is actually the Ultraship 35 which has a detachable faceplate...which makes it way easier to read when using a bucket.

I found this scale:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BTQ4SC/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

on Amazon that I'll probably be buying. It has Tare, 65lb max, .2oz resolution, for $23.00. My only concern (as with any measuring device) would be it's precision and accuracy. Should definitely be fine for grain, not sure about hops, but we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. That seems like a really good deal, if you believe the list price of $90...

I would be surprised that you can use the same scale for hops. It says 0.2 oz resolution, so on one ounce of hops that 20%, which is quite a bit. And that's assuming resolution is the same as accuracy.

I am looking at something like this one, which can go up to 11 lbs, so for me in 5 gal batches each type of grain isn't much more than that, and on occasion I would have to weigh in two batches.
Cuisaid ProDigital Digital Kitchen Scale

flips

Pocket digital grain scale at a low affordable price! This little digital grain scale perfectly is in grain, and grams.your pointer components closely improves your overall pointer accuracy...and it is not much costly i used it when i weight the things in gram.
NTEP scales

We use THIS ONE for hops when we brew. Weighs up to 11 pounds, measure to the 0.1oz. Been fine for our brewing needs.

That is the one of the ones that my LHBS sells. They also sell a lower capacity higher resolution escali that is accurate enough for measuring brewing salts. If I hadn't already owned scales when I got into brewing I would likely have bought both.

I use this one: http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-gram-digital-scale-97920.html for hops and brewing salts.
it measures to 0.1g or 0.01oz.

Mate,

Lots of top quality brands offering their scales to weight different items and products. To weigh larger quantities of grain is not an issue for scale offering brands. You can buy the best quality digital weighing scales from Amazon and Ebay sites. Soon I will share with you a link from where you can directly access to your requiring scale.

I use a digital fish scale as well - that combined with a 11 lb gram scale is all I need for everything from mineral additions to big buckets of 2-row...

Back