Sweet and sour Brisket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrydrez

Reaction score
1 4-5 pound brisket
2 large cans of tomato sauce
1 Can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 pack of onion soup mix
Ketchup
1 large onion
1 can of coke

Wash brisket. Slice the onions and place them at the bottom of your slow cooker; place the brisket on top of the onions. Mix ketchup, onion soup mix, and some of the coke to a final volume of 1 cup; use only enough coke to make it runny. Pour the rest of the coke and the ketchup mixture over the beef. Pour the tomato sauce over the beef and add the cranberries around the beef.

Cook on low for about 9-10 hours or until tender. Let it sit over night then slice and return the meat to the sauce.

Makes great sandwiches and goes well with mashed potatoes.

Love brisket.
Once upon a time brisket was one of the cheaper cuts ... now I don't think there is any such thing as a cheaper cut.

A few months ago I saw Pot Roast for $12 a pound at the kroger near me!!!!
WTF? Are they bringing it through the Strait of Hormuz or something?

How would this be with pork butt?

I bet it would be good. You could also try to switch up the jelly used (apricot, current, grape, etc.)

Once upon a time brisket was one of the cheaper cuts ... now I don't think there is any such thing as a cheaper cut.

Yeah, it is funny how that works out.

Back