Anyone seen these...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSTStorm

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was curious if any one has seen any glassware like these, and if so, how can I get some?

mead-is-in-the-jugs-and-ready-to-ferment.jpg

put-the-mead-into-the-jugs.jpg

Yes, if you Google for brouwland (they're in Belgium) and then go to the fermented/demi-john section, you'll see how they normally come i.e. with a plastic carry basket. They have those and some sizes that have a much wider opening which are brilliant for fruit or pulp handling.

regards

fatbloke

Like fatbloke said, they're demijohns. They're what we have here in Europe instead of carboys. They come in 10, 15, 20, 25, 34 liter and larger sizes. They seem to be from Italy. Not sure how available they are in your area.

Here's a 25 liter one in my chest freezer:

DSC05352_540.jpg

Thanks guys! I took a look at them. I'll have to to do the price conversion stuff later, it's early here. It says they deliver world-wide, I just wonder how much it would cost to get some here. I've got carboys and such, but they'd be a nice change.

Thanks guys! I took a look at them. I'll have to to do the price conversion stuff later, it's early here. It says they deliver world-wide, I just wonder how much it would cost to get some here. I've got carboys and such, but they'd be a nice change.
Well, I'd have thought that shipping would probably make them prohibitively expensive. Because glass is a PITA to ship unless you can sort a container load.

Yeah, no way in hell would I pay to ship giant glass bottles from Europe. They're likely not guaranteed either, so if they're broken in transit, you're screwed. You should ask around homebrew clubs locally. Maybe someone knows where to get them.

LHBSs here are few and far between. That, and when I do something, I go hard. So, maybe I'll pony up for them!

My LHBS sells them and I'm sure plenty of others do too. I've even seen demijohns on Denver Craigslist.
The wine makers typically have them from what I've seen. I wouldn't pay for shipping from Europe, just find a LHBS willing to ship!

My LHBS sells them and I'm sure plenty of others do too. I've even seen demijohns on Denver Craigslist.
The wine makers typically have them from what I've seen. I wouldn't pay for shipping from Europe, just find a LHBS willing to ship!
Well that sort of "rings a bell".

I'm pretty sure that someone must be importing them as I recall seeing them on some US based site - though sorry, I don't tend to keep US links for that very reason. That unless it's the only place I find something and have to cough up for the shipping, I'll continue to look closer for "it".......

Back