Spaten Oktoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drank a growler last night. It was pretty good - nicely balanced. I'd say it was an adequate commercial beer, and very seasonal, but tonight I'll be drinking one of my own homebrews in a style I'd rather have. I seem to be accumulating far more than I can drink - not that that's a bad thing...

Spaten Oktober is great!

:off: I seem to have the same problem. I'm brewing about every weekend and I just cant drink the beer fast enough. I've 25 gal on tap and I'm a full time middle school music teacher so I cant hit it too hard every night. I've resorted to telling all of my buddies that they can call me and come get as much beer as they want. I'm slowly amassing a pile of growlers that I send out with them. hahahaha

Geez. I hate to be the one negative voice in the bunch but we got a six of this last time around. No one and I mean no one would touch the stuff. We passed a glass around for people to taste from the first bottle and we literally couldn't give the stuff away after that. It just hit me wrong in every way.

Geez. I hate to be the one negative voice in the bunch but we got a six of this last time around. No one and I mean no one would touch the stuff. We passed a glass around for people to taste from the first bottle and we literally couldn't give the stuff away after that. It just hit me wrong in every way.

I somewhat agree, it was sickening sweet, tasted like peach syrup. It would have been great on pancakes.

Does anyone have a Spaten Oktoberfest clone recipe? I'd like to try it for my next batch. I have my first porter ( and first HB attempt ) almost ready to enjoy! Exciting!

Does anyone have a Spaten Oktoberfest clone recipe? I'd like to try it for my next batch. I have my first porter ( and first HB attempt ) almost ready to enjoy! Exciting!

Hate to bring a thread back from the dead, but does anyone have a clone for this beer? LOVE IT. I prefer mostly crazy belgians/imperial stouts/IPAs, but this is a fantastic autumn beer...

Back