Forgotten about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhCrap

Reaction score
I've been away from brewing for a while. I left a lager 'largering' since may 2013, kegging tomorrow....anyway I digress, earlier while I was organising my gear and chamber, I found a crate of beer I made feb last year... It was meant to be a hob goblin clone but turned out a little sweeter then I wished for, I put the crate away with the intention of seeing how it would be after a couple of months BUT life got in the way and it was forgotten about until now....it was kept at 16c all the time so it looks as clear as day in the bottle, pics to follow, anyway I.hoping it has improved or at the very least not disimproved. I have some in the fridge to try tonight, tomorrow and so on, wish me luck (in case it kills me:p)

Sent from my C6903 using Home Brew mobile app

I've been away from brewing for a while. I left a lager 'largering' since may 2013, kegging tomorrow....anyway I digress, earlier while I was organising my gear and chamber, I found a crate of beer I made feb last year... It was meant to be a hob goblin clone but turned out a little sweeter then I wished for, I put the crate away with the intention of seeing how it would be after a couple of months BUT life got in the way and it was forgotten about until now....it was kept at 16c all the time so it looks as clear as day in the bottle, pics to follow, anyway I.hoping it has improved or at the very least not disimproved. I have some in the fridge to try tonight, tomorrow and so on, wish me luck (in case it kills me:p)

Why should it kill you? The spiced holiday ale that I made 2 1/2 years ago that has been sitting at room temperature since it was bottled doesn't seem to be harming me but the spice flavor has been long gone. Best wishes for the taste you want.

Couldn't wait,
Good hiss on.opening, crystal clear no haze, quite malty but pleasant to Drink. It's still a tad sweet but I think that's the malty flavour coming through (I was used to hoppier beers) overall I'm.happy with it AND there is 23 more pint bottles :) head retention nit bad eithet

1389893955015.jpg

LOL! Tues I finally decided to do 'something' with two cases of bombers that had been in basement since '12. I recall them being harsh and grainy, like hay and nothing like I had intended. One box was an attempt at a moderate gravity barleywine/caramelly beer. (Basically trying to find a base beer for any spicing/fruiting in future.) The other was a few gallons of that oaked. The oaked beer was harsh on american oak woodiness.

Decided to eisebock them, as an experiment and see how it goes. No risk since I didn't like the beers anyway.

Wow, little over a year has been very kind to this, surprisingly since they only like 6.6%. Very smooth and all that caramel comes through now. The oaked one has mellowed a bit, still that 'fresh' oak taste, but not like chewing on wood now. Now I'll just have to drink them the way they are.

Had another one last night and had to bin it....it was sweet but bitter aftertaste and just not right at all

Back