Hobbies for my father while he is quarantined?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thood6

Reaction score
So my father is ill and is undergoing a bone marrow transplant soon. He will have to remain quarantined 1500 miles from home for several weeks up to a few months. There's only so many books you can read. Anybody have ideas on things to do? I think it will help him to have things to keep his mind on.

Anything to keep busy. I know that not a lot of help but anything that interests him is fair game. I'm a physical therapist in a hospital in St Louis Mo that does a lot of BMTs. Walking/mobility is good and anything to keep the mind working. Sudoku, crosswords, word searches. I am also a guitar player so I am partial to that as well.

Me concur. It is very healthy to just be on your feet, and puzzles or puzzle books stimulate the mind. If he has good mobility at some point, maybe a dart board?

How about a complete supply of painting tools, paint & accessories and a Bob Ross learn to paint dvd course?
How about a laptop with a webcam so he can stay in touch with those he loves?
A collection of computer games he can play by himself or with others online?
a Netflix acct so he can watch via laptop.
Good luck to your dad.
Regards, GF.

Latest posts

Back