Buying Hops in Vancouver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddymow

Reaction score
This is not an easy thing to do! I looked and looked and looked but to no avail. I even went as far as to order off the internet from crannogales fram or (crannogales.com) which have yet to be shipped. However, I was wondering through Dykhof Nurseries in North Van today and to my delight I stumbled upon Lupulus Nugget, A already big growing vine at that.

So thats where to go they only have 5 vines left.

Mow

In France it's the same thing... Very difficult to find hops... I bought in Germany but they had not many variety... And I search especially US variety... :(

I ordered two rhizomes from crannogales this spring. They have all the rhizomes dug up and they are being shipped this week.

I planted my rhizomes from crannog ales a week ago but haven't seen anything yet. Are other Vancouver growers seeing any growth? Its been rainy and cold since then so its not a surprise but my friend in Kelowna has seen growth in his crannog ordered rhizomes and had me wondering

I haven't yet either but I just planted them late Sunday afternoon though. When did your friend plant?

Good to hear that there are other homebrewers in Kelowna because I haven't met any yet!

I think he planted last Sunday. I think he said the centennial was the first one out of the ground.

We finally had a bit of sun in Vancouver and I have Nugget, Willamette and Cascade shoots poking out of the soil 11 days after planting. No sign of Mt Hood or the Centennial.

I got 3 organic cascade rhizomes from crannogales, they are just coming out of the ground now after about 2 weeks or so

I see some of the earlier members have procured hops. I am very interested getting some, I need them for a home remedy. Please let me know if you have hops or know someone who does. Thanks

I see some of the earlier members have procured hops. I am very interested getting some, I need them for a home remedy. Please let me know if you have hops or know someone who does. Thanks

Cool. I use them in a home remedy for sobriety. Your best bet for finding hops this time a year would be a homebrew store. If you aren't concerned with finding a specific variety go to Dan's on Hastings St http://beermaking.ca/ If they have what you are looking for (they will have hops), they are always the cheapest in town. If you want to grow your own, Dan's usually sells rhisomes in the spring or you can order from here http://leftfieldstore.crannogales.com/catalogue.php

Back