Grateful Dead Group at HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston

Reaction score
There's a new HBT group for all you Deadheads out there. Come check it out.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/groups/deadheads/

skeleton_rank.jpg

Hey Boston,

Where did you get that jpeg of the skeleton in the hat? I've been wanting to get another tattoo and that might just be the one...if you can direct me to the site or maybe send me a larger pic of that, that would be awesome!!

Thanks,

Kugster

Hey Boston,

Where did you get that jpeg of the skeleton in the hat? I've been wanting to get another tattoo and that might just be the one...if you can direct me to the site or maybe send me a larger pic of that, that would be awesome!!

Thanks,

Kugster

Looks like it's from the grateful dead movie. Uncle Sam that's who I am!

SWMBO is such a deadhead that her tramp stamp is Steal Your Face! God bless the Dead we just listened to Shakedown Street on vinyl. And we got the Feb 3rd 1973 Rolling Stone for a wedding present with the Dead on the cover:rockin:

SD

I'm here reporting for duty !

Jamo99 , please report to the soundroom, cause the music never stopped !

iko iko ~Bowenz::cross:

Hmmmm, I'd start a Parrothead group, but I'm afraid I'd be the only one in it...........

Anyway, I have a little joke for you guys:

What did the Deadhead say when he ran out of drugs and sobered up?????

"This music sucks!!!!"

If anyone is a trader I have the entire Europe 72 run, most of 77 and Keith's first Dark Star show. All in all about 200 shows spanning the whole lot. Let me know.

Here's the Cary-Chapel Hill gang at The Dead show, April 12, Greensboro Coliseum. Fantastic show...the place was rockin' for 4 solid hours....great weather, too! There's Nothing Like A Grateful Dead Concert!

standing l-r Professor Frink, Walker-San
sitting l-r Mrs. Walker-san, Boston

P4120803.jpg

Boy , I feel old. last time I went to a Dead concert was around 73-74.
did see gerry a few other times with the New Riders but that was in the 70's also.

I just noticed that HBT Deadheads Group reached 100 members yesterday.

I second the shnflac.net recommendation. Great way to get new sources as they become available, too.

Can someone please explain how to do that? It would be best if you were to pretend you were talking to a particularly slow 5 year old when you are doing so. Thanks.

I'm trying to create an account and it tells me that they are at a maximum number of accounts. Is that a pemanent thing?

PTN

Lossless Legs (shnflac.net) is a web site allows people to trade shows via Bittorrent, a peer-to-peer file sharing system. You download a torrent file (a small file that describes the file(s) being shared) from there for a particular show, then load it into a Bittorrent client program, which then hooks up with other people on the Internet and grabs parts of the file(s) until it has a complete file. It also shares the parts of the file(s) you've grabbed with others.

So first, find a Bittorrent client for your computer, create an account at shnflac.net, browse the show listings, download a torrent file, open it with your Bittorrent client, and watch the show download. The more seeders there are (people with the entire show), the faster your download will be. Common courtesy is that when you've downloaded the whole show, you leave your client running so you can share above and beyond what you've downloaded, in terms of bits.

-Steve

Oh uh, I forgot to say that once you get the show downloaded, it's usually in FLAC or SHN format, which is a way to compress the files without any loss (unlike MP3 or AAC). You'll need a program to decompress the files (usually into a WAV file-- the same format as on a CD), then you can play them as-is or convert them into MP3 or AAC and import them into your music library.

-Steve

OK, maybe "particularly slow 5 year old" wasn't specific enough.

Please explain to a 'complete f'ing moron' what you just said. Like for instance, what language was it that you wrote your last two posts in? I have a rudimentary understanding of a computer, as in, I know which button to press to turn it on.

PTN

Specific questions.

"Load onto a Bittorent Client program." Where do you find those and how do you make it work?

Flac or shn format... Huh?

Compress files... Huh?

Convert files... Double huh?

Decompression program... Where do you get that and how does it work?

I didn't want to be *too* condescending... :D

Are you on Windows or Mac? I can find/write up much more specific instructions-- it'll just take a bit of time.

-Steve

Shot in the dark here...I'm flying up for the November 19th FURTHUR show in Worcester. Anyone else going? Hippy? Glib? PTN?

Here's the Cary-Chapel Hill gang at The Dead show, April 12, Greensboro Coliseum. Fantastic show...the place was rockin' for 4 solid hours....great weather, too! There's Nothing Like A Grateful Dead Concert!

standing l-r Professor Frink, Walker-San
sitting l-r Mrs. Walker-san, Boston

View attachment 10992

Drinking out of bottles? That's just weak.;)
See you at all at the Abbey for preshow in a few weeks. I'll bring the cups.

Back