Looking for North Central Texas Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qeelin

Reaction score
Hey, I live in a small town called Bowie (like Jim not David) located between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls, Texas. I'm looking for local brewers to meet, talk, taste beer, and possibly brew with. I just realized the other day that I have never tasted any homebrew made from anyone other than me. I have a lot of beer drinking friends but what do they know about good beer, not a lot let me tell ya. Living in a rural area there are no homebrew shops close by so most of my supplies and equipment I get through online order. I've learned a ton from this forum, The BN, and the books and mags I have but there is nothing better than being able to talk to a real person and taste each other's beer. If you or anyone you know lives close to me let me know, I'd love to meet you.

Prost!

Qeelin

I live in Burleson, just south of Fort Worth and am a member of Cap and Hare Homebrew club. Not sure where Bowie is, I have heard of it though.

I live in Burleson, just south of Fort Worth and am a member of Cap and Hare Homebrew club. Not sure where Bowie is, I have heard of it though.

Yeah, that's a little too far to do too much together but it's nice to know. Depending on traffic it's around and hour and a half (according to Google). What Homebrew shop do you call your own?

I live in Keller but that's still far out. I would imagine there are some brewers in Denton.

I work in Denton so that wouldn't be too bad. There are bound to be some brewers around here but they might not be on HBT. I thought about putting an ad in the local Shopper and newspaper too.

Yeah, that's a little too far to do too much together but it's nice to know. Depending on traffic it's around and hour and a half (according to Google). What Homebrew shop do you call your own?

Stubbys Texas Brewing in Haltom City.

No website yet, they have the best prices, cleanest store, and most everything you need. I drive past 3 local home brew stores specifically to go to this one. I can pm you the address and phone number if you like.

+1 for Stubbys

Great service and lots of knowlege. Stopped by last night and he had a good amount of used ball lock kegs for less than $50. Those are getting hard to find.

I'm at the far south tip of Denton and work in Dallas. I'm relatively new to the area (a little over a year) - still getting to know locations.

Looks like I'll have to check out stubbies at some point when I'm in that area. My main LHBS is winemakers toystore in Carrolton. Decent prices - don't want to take the time to compare too closely.

I'm at the far south tip of Denton and work in Dallas. I'm relatively new to the area (a little over a year) - still getting to know locations.

Looks like I'll have to check out stubbies at some point when I'm in that area. My main LHBS is winemakers toystore in Carrolton. Decent prices - don't want to take the time to compare too closely.

I actually work in Corinth, very close to where you live. Who knows maybe we can brew sometime.

Still would love to meet people a little closer to my front door. Surely there are some folks on HBT in my area, right?

I actually work in Corinth, very close to where you live. Who knows maybe we can brew sometime.

Still would love to meet people a little closer to my front door. Surely there are some folks on HBT in my area, right?

If you work in Corinth you're often nearly next door. I too, want to meet people closer to my front door. Seems everyone is in McKinney, Dallas or Fort Worth.

That said, you're welcome to swing by for a beer or on a weekend I'm brewing.

If you work in Corinth you're often nearly next door. I too, want to meet people closer to my front door. Seems everyone is in McKinney, Dallas or Fort Worth.

That said, you're welcome to swing by for a beer or on a weekend I'm brewing.

That'd be great. Maybe I'll brink some samples by someday and we can compare. I'd love some honest feedback from someone who knows what good beer should taste like. Most of my friends would drink warm goat piss if it was handed to them so they're no help. I'll keep in touch.

No website yet, they have the best prices, cleanest store, and most everything you need. I drive past 3 local home brew stores specifically to go to this one. I can pm you the address and phone number if you like.

How do they compare to Homebrew HQ in Richardson? That's usually where I go, simply because they are the closest to me.

their prices on the web site are not very good, 2.29 per oz for hops? 1.49 per lbs for 2 row? those are not good prices.

I dont think the website is fully functional yet, you really should stop in and see them, great folks with a passion for homebrew.

Surely there are more homebrewers on here from around this area. Come on folks, stand up and be counted!

I live in Little Elm and work in Denton. I would be up for meeting up with fellow homebrewers sometime.

Hey all...just stumbled across this thread. I live in Waxahachie (about 30 miles south of Dallas). My LHBS (if you want to call it local) is HomebrewHQ in Richardson - quite a hike! I work in Dallas, so it's not too bad from there.

North Texas here - Homebrew HQ is about a block from my office, they're good people. A little pricey, but they'll definitely take the time to talk.

Fort Worth here.

and Stubby's is GTG.

Dude, you've been on here since Nov 2010 and you just now post your first post, lol. That's crazy man. Glad you finally took the plunge from stalker to contributor, WELCOME!

Best bet is to make yourself available in late March to attend the Bluebonnet Brewoff. Its all about the beer. You can Judge as much and style you want. Better yet is to enter the Bluebonnet and get feedback. You can attend a commerical tasting and homebrew tasting, go on a pub crawl, attend a technical presentation, fall down and throw up too! (Just Joking.)

Hecliff

Back