What to get SWMBO....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Humpsalot

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's 5:42PM. SWMBO gets off work at 7:30PM. It is her birthday. We've been dating over a year. Am I supposed to get her something?

If so, then what should I get her? :drunk:

Buy her a temp controlled conical. Well, maybe not, but you DO NEED to get something.

I know what mine likes.............a lot.

Also likes jewelery, dinner, movie, B&B - you know, the stuff most/all SWMBO's like.

I think ANYTHING you think of, she'll probably appreciate, especially if it's not common for you to do so.

Last year, I got her an earring that matched the one that she lost that her uncle had given her a few weeks before he died...

Maybe I can milk that for another year?

Damn Squirrels said:
Last year, I got her an earring that matched the one that she lost that her uncle had given her a few weeks before he died...

Maybe I can milk that for another year?

Nope. Dead man walking..................................:D

Apparently SWMBO doesn't mean the same thing to you as it does to the rest of us.

Perhaps SWMBI or She Who Must Be Indifferent is a more fitting moniker.

Damn Squirrels said:
We've been dating over a year.

Damn Squirrels said:

This appears to be the first woman, other than your mother, that you've been around. Let me clue you in.

You set the standard too high too early. You can't ride the glory of that sensitive earring gift, you have to TOP it. Basically, it was that moment of stupidity that won her. Now you have to keep up the pace or she'll whine that you're not the same man she fell in love with, or you've changed, or some other crap that you have to sit and listen to without telling her to shut the f**k up.

You should have gotten drunk last year and hit on her best friend. You peaked too early.

Get on the phone when she walks in and be screaming at the top of your lungs at the phantom Fed Ex guy on the other end...cursing him up one side and down the other for not getting your girlfriends present delivered on time.

It'll buy you an extra 24 hours.

BierMuncher said:
Get on the phone when she walks in and be screaming at the top of your lungs at the phantom Fed Ex guy on the other end...cursing him up one side and down the other for not getting your girlfriends present delivered on time.

Now that is a brilliant idea!

Perfect gift right here, and you can make it in a matter of min.

Last edited by a moderator:
BierMuncher said:

That is an AWESOME idea. I gotta write that down since my SWMBOs birthday is next Tuesday.. *scribble*scribble*

Well, it's 10 PM his time and we haven't heard back from Damn Squirrels. He's either pulled something together quick, or the quicklime is slowly dissolving the corpse as we speak.

I think you would spend more time finding a box to make a hole in than making said hole

since DS is AWOL....lets start speculating

I think that he could be.......

joebou4860 said:
...bleeding profusely in a corner deciding whether to call 911 or check his fermentation first

LOL

It's just too bad the dick in a box idea came too late. I guess I should plan earlier next year.....

Anyway, we went out to a nice dive restaurant (great food, a dozen german beers on tap- so she got her Optimator- and some hackepeter). I spent about $50 on dinner. Cheap.

And then I told her we'd be taking private dance lessons. Having studied dance for a number of years (pre-beergut), I always resisted taking classes with her because I didn't want to do the beginners classes. So I just made a quick call to a dance studio and scheduled a few private lessons. Now I guess I've just got to teach her the basics before we go...

Damn... for quick thinking, that ain't bad... best I could ever come up with was a dozen roses from the H-E-B for $12, with a package of noodles and a bottle of sauce for $3....

Why did she marry me again???

Damn Squirrels said:
LOL

It's just too bad the dick in a box idea came too late. I guess I should plan earlier next year.....

Anyway, we went out to a nice dive restaurant (great food, a dozen german beers on tap- so she got her Optimator- and some hackepeter). I spent about $50 on dinner. Cheap.

And then I told her we'd be taking private dance lessons. Having studied dance for a number of years (pre-beergut), I always resisted taking classes with her because I didn't want to do the beginners classes. So I just made a quick call to a dance studio and scheduled a few private lessons. Now I guess I've just got to teach her the basics before we go...

Dance lessons??? :eek: :eek: My god, man! It's just a bloody birthday! You didn't have to panic and get all crazy!

You didn't listen to anything I said. What are you going to do next year? Think of Christmas, anniversaries, etc. Now that she's got you prancing around like a ballerina there will be no stopping her. SHE ALREADY THINKS YOU'RE SENSITIVE. Bah, I'm beginning to think so too....

Madness. :mad:

Damn Squirrels said:
....private dance lessons........

Now I guess I've just got to teach her the basics before we go...

please don't take any offense to this but;

Are you a chick? You dance? :D

DesertBrew said:
Funny stuff. A buddy of mine did something similar with a bucket of popcorn while watching a movie with his wife.

So he's seen , then?

Nice work on the dance lessons, DS. Though you are setting the bar pretty high...

Last edited by a moderator:
98EXL said:
please don't take any offense to this but;

Are you a chick? You dance? :D

I live in Chicago. There's about a million latinas around here. On saturdays they get dressed to a T with tits practically popping out of tight dresses. And if you can dance, you can squeeze them and maybe cop a feel. And the more men like you that stay away, the more women there are for me.

Cheers! :mug:

Fingers said:
Dance lessons??? :eek: :eek: My god, man! It's just a bloody birthday! You didn't have to panic and get all crazy!

You didn't listen to anything I said. What are you going to do next year? Think of Christmas, anniversaries, etc. Now that she's got you prancing around like a ballerina there will be no stopping her. SHE ALREADY THINKS YOU'RE SENSITIVE. Bah, I'm beginning to think so too....

Madness. :mad:

It's ok. It'll inspire her to start wearing tighter dresses. She's 5'8" and dieting. She's down to about 138 lbs, but has been keeping her Dcup. Looking good.... She needs tighter clothes. :rockin:

Damn Squirrels said:
It's ok. It'll inspire her to start wearing tighter dresses. She's 5'8" and dieting. She's down to about 138 lbs, but has been keeping her Dcup. Looking good.... She needs tighter clothes. :rockin:

We'll be the judge of that. You know where to put the pics. Tuesdays are open. I'll accept Mondays.

Dancing. I mean..... really.

Fingers said:
We'll be the judge of that. You know where to put the pics. Tuesdays are open. I'll accept Mondays.

Dancing. I mean..... really.

this kinda sounds like a monday thing if you know what I mean :ban: :rockin:

Back