Reading/Lancaster/Allentown area grain buy- Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom I don't want to sound rude but is the order being put in soon. If it goes past a labor day pick I will have to cancel my order.

I'd like to get this thing wrapped up myself but really wanted to get the third pallet completely filled. I was waiting to hear back from two people yet. Honestly though, even if I would have ended this thing last week, there is no way the pick up date would have been before labor day. I like to have a week window for payments and that always takes longer then that, hence why I wanted phone numbers. Let me try to get ahold of the two people I was waiting on and see if they want anything. I will tell them I need to know by tomorrow noon. Everyone who has an order that is listed and IS NOT adding anything else, please look over what I have listed by your name on page 10 and shoot me a PM confirming your order. Please be aware, if you confirm your order to me, you will be recieving the items that are next to your name. So please be sure your order is correct. Also, be sure to check your name at the top of the page for the first two pallets AND at the bottom of the page for the third pallet.
Tom

PM'd confirmation and cleared my mailbox a bit Tom. Thanks for all you're doing!

If Koedbrew needs to drop out, I'll make it simple for you and take what I believe is their entire order (3 partials).

If somebody else wants / claims any part of it first, that's fine too. Your choice Tom - thanks again.

First off, inbox cleared. i got two messages that my box was full. Sorry about that. Driver- i appreciate that bud! It does make my life a bit easier. i haven't gotten the official word yet that Koed is backing out. He does have a very good reason though, so no hard feelings if he does.
Tom

If driver wants it then that's fine but I'd be willing to pick up the 1/2 sack of BZ-PILS from KoedBrew as well.

On that note, I hope everyone says "thank you" to Weak Knee, my LHBS, for being great guys about this by picking up yeast, hops, or other specialty grains for your recipes when we do the pickup. I'm going to see if I can order my grain mill through them. They also have a lot of interesting hardware, and a bunch of homebrews on tap.....

BTW to the poster who asked about Briess--Weak Knee carries all kinds of Briess.

I go to Weak Knee as well, and second them being great guys! Their prices are also very reasonable. A lot of times they are cheaper than actually getting things shipped to my house, and they are always cheaper than a few other LHBS that I go to.

Definitely a good bunch of people there!

If you are still taking orders, I may be interested in picking up some partials if you need them filled... I just can't tell what's still open?

I would definitely be interested in x1 BZ-Pils though, and maybe more depending on what partials are still open...

Thanks!

Make sure you PM tom rep to confirm your order. If you are like me and selectively read you may miss it. ;-)

I pm'ed Tomrep and hopefully I got the 1X BZ-Pils in on time!

Thanks!

How will the pick-up work? Will it be left at Weak knee/will everyone meet there at a certain time?

Hey looks like the grain I wanted is already claimed so since it will not jam you guys up I am going to withdraw from this one...

Not a problem Koed. Sorry we couldn't get it closed quicker for you to be part of it. to everyone else, I didn't get to update lastnight. I will update sometime tonight.
Tom

Sorry I missed the PM, I haven't logged in recently. If you are trying to fill a 3rd pallet, I'd like to grab some:

1 GW-2ROW
1/4 GW-C15
1/4 GW-C75
1/4 GBMUNH10

If I'm too late, I guess I'll just wait until round 5.

Thanks

Okay, everything should finally be updated. Driver, I added all of Koedbrew's items to your list on the third pallet. Mrott was interested in the 1/2 sack of PILS if your interested in lightening the load a little. If I missed anything, please let me know. I hope everyone made it through Irene safe and sound!
tom

TomRep said:
Okay, everything should finally be updated. Driver, I added all of Koedbrew's items to your list on the third pallet. Mrott was interested in the 1/2 sack of PILS if your interested in lightening the load a little. If I missed anything, please let me know. I hope everyone made it through Irene safe and sound!
tom

Great, thanks Tom. Yep, I'll take it thanks.

6 sacks to go... If anyone is looking to pick up some light to medium crystal or munich I'd love to go partials with anyone. PM or just post on here. Brand is not a issue to me.

Thanks,

SM

I'd split a bag of munich with you... or even 1/4 if others are interested. But if not, I'll split it with you...

mcgeary - initially I was thinking GW C15 or C75 so either of them would work(I can also go with 30 or 40 too). I'm also good with 1/4 or 1/3 if others are interested, but 1/2 would be alright as well.

stblindtiger - I'm good with splitting some munich with you and others. I've used Gambrinus before and really liked it, even though it is a little more expensive.

Let me know what you all think...

Add a bag of CM-RYEM to my order Tom. So my order as a whole will look like this

1x CM-RYEM
1x BZ-PILS
1x BD-MOPA
1/3 x BD-VIEN

Then I'm done. Once you add this let me know and I'll confirm with my phone number.

ok fine... twist my arm... In an effort to get this pallet filled I'll add a sack..

1 x BD-MOPA

I'm not quite positive where I'll be storing 9.5 sacks of grain and I'm pretty sure the SWMBO will flip ****, but I'll deal with that after I cart it all home.

If the order isn't filled, I'd be interested in 3 sacks. Need to know your usually pickup time though. Is it Saturdays day(yea!) or eve or any day of the week?

1x CM-SPIL
1x CM-PALE
1x CM-2ROW

Mrott said:
ok fine... twist my arm... In an effort to get this pallet filled I'll add a sack..

1 x BD-MOPA

I'm not quite positive where I'll be storing 9.5 sacks of grain and I'm pretty sure the SWMBO will flip ****, but I'll deal with that after I cart it all home.

You are welcome to store it at my house. I will take real good care of them. They may be lighter when you get them back though :)

If my count is right there is 1 sack left for the 3rd.

stblindtiger, if you and I take 1/2 munich each we are on our way. I'm good with any munich. LET ME KNOW ASAP so we don't miss out. Thanks

McGeary, I'd prefer to go 1/2 munich. There's so much more to do with that. 27.5# of crystal will last me a decade!!!

If my count is right there is 1 sack left for the 3rd.

stblindtiger, if you and I take 1/2 munich each we are on our way. I'm good with any munich. LET ME KNOW ASAP so we don't miss out. Thanks

McGeary, I'd prefer to go 1/2 munich. There's so much more to do with that. 27.5# of crystal will last me a decade!!!

If you don't get a response, I'll split that Munich with you.

jturie, I haven't heard anything yet, but I'll post to sure up the sack. Maybe you, stblindtiger, and I can go thirds on the GB-MUNH10? It'll be ~18# ea at rougly $12.50.

Tom, it looks like we have the final sack on the third; if my math is correct.

We'll take GB-MUNH10 X1 split between 2 or 3 of us.

Okay that sounds great guys! I don't have my book with me here at work, but i will update when i get home. Anyone who hasn't confirmed their order via pm to me, please do so sometimebthis weekend. I'd like to start getting payments next week if its possible. Thanks!
Tom

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

You are welcome to store it at my house. I will take real good care of them. They may be lighter when you get them back though :)

Thanks for the offer, but worst case I'll just take the bed out of the spare bedroom and turn it into a grain room. I doubt the SWMBO will ever notice that...until her parents come to spend the weekend and by then it will be too late! :mug::off:

Well at least it sounds like the third pallet is full.

Has anyone tinkered with the idea of a "rolling system"?

Since there is no benefit of ordering 1 pallet vs 3 pallets (cost wise) just always have a thread up and as soon as there's enough for a pallet, process the order and start a new thread for the next pallet.

In the case for this thread, the buy was kicked off on 7/28 and the first pallet was filled just 4 days later. That pallet could have already been purchased, delivered and distributed and put to use by now and the second pallet could have been started as a separate order.

It does generate a little more work for the coordinator (Tom in this case) for collecting money coordinating delivery and pickup, but I'm not sure how much more work it would be to do it in smaller but more frequent batches.

...Just a thought...

Well there is a little benefit from ordering multiple pallets at one time, fuel surcharge. I don't know what it is right now and I can't quite remember what it was last time, but lets just assume its $100. We only get charged one fuel surcharge whether we have one or ten pallets. If one pallet, everyone is paying a bit over $2 per sack. With three pallets, that number drops to less than a buck. Not a huge deal but for people getting a bunch of sacks, it helps out a little.
Tom

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

If we do one more pallent, I think our price drops, 8000 lbs.

42x50 = 2100 x 4 = 8400
Now most bags are 55lbs, so even better

jturie, I haven't heard anything yet, but I'll post to sure up the sack. Maybe you, stblindtiger, and I can go thirds on the GB-MUNH10? It'll be ~18# ea at rougly $12.50.

Tom, it looks like we have the final sack on the third; if my math is correct.

We'll take GB-MUNH10 X1 split between 2 or 3 of us.

One third works even better....but I'll do a half if stblindtiger decides not to do it. Anything to snag that third pallet!!!!

One third works even better....but I'll do a half if stblindtiger decides not to do it. Anything to snag that third pallet!!!!

Still have not heard anything as of yet. Personally I'd love to do 1/2, but I'll give stblindtiger to Monday. By then I think Tom needs our final confirmations.

Not much of a snag on the 3rd because the sack is ours. It just depends on whether its you and I, or you, stblindtiger, and I.

Thanks for grabbing the partial...I'll PM stblindtiger to give him the heads up

ok that solves it then... that should (in theory) be the completion of the 3rd pallet as long as Tom's book agrees to that.

Let's get this b*tch rollin and get some grain purchased! I need to make me some beer!

(Obligatory Tom rocks comment!)

Back