If you could have any object turned into a tap handle, what would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Fleshlight. If anyone mentioned this before, they should have their head examined.

well, i made a set of aluminum "brass knuckles" today, and it is on my keg box.

(still needs finish work, but you can tell what it is.)

now i need a different looking tower to go with it ......

I stumbled across this picture from our halloween party. I'm currently using a hockey puck, but this was pretty well received:
skulltaphandle2.jpg

I need to upgrade to real taps. But a fridge with taps on the door is so... Well, a fridge with taps on the door. It's better than party taps inside the fridge but if I'm going to put the $ in I want it to be a bit more unique.

Different caliber compensators, on either barrels or slides too (depending on what they are for)... Such as from a 1911 .45 cal, .357 Python, .50 cal from the Barret M107A1 or Model 95, the end of the barrel from the .22 pistol my father turned into a competition gun (it's the original barrel, not the one on the gun)... I'm also planning on using the .50 BMG brass I have on hand, and maybe get a couple of dummy rounds (.50 BMG) to use too. Depending on what's on tap, will get the different tap handle... BIG brews will get the .50 cal stuff... Medium the .357 and .45... Lighter will be the .22 (probably won't get much use at all)...

I have plenty of time to get the supplies, since it's going to be a while before I build my keezer. :(

Different caliber compensators, on either barrels or slides too (depending on what they are for)... Such as from a 1911 .45 cal, .357 Python, .50 cal from the Barret M107A1 or Model 95, the end of the barrel from the .22 pistol my father turned into a competition gun (it's the original barrel, not the one on the gun)... I'm also planning on using the .50 BMG brass I have on hand, and maybe get a couple of dummy rounds (.50 BMG) to use too. Depending on what's on tap, will get the different tap handle... BIG brews will get the .50 cal stuff... Medium the .357 and .45... Lighter will be the .22 (probably won't get much use at all)...

I have plenty of time to get the supplies, since it's going to be a while before I build my keezer. :(

Wanna buy a live .50 BMG? I don't have much use for it other than to say I have one...

Wanna buy a live .50 BMG? I don't have much use for it other than to say I have one...

That could be a bit tricky... Not sure if it's legal to actually ship live ammo to someone that's not either a gunsmith or a gun store in this state... Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have it. Only problem is, I'd want to pull the primer and powder out of it ASAP... If you could make it non-firing, then hell yeah I'd want it...

Hmmm... Probably more dangerous and more work than it's worth... It's pretty stable and safe sitting in my lock-box, trying to drill holes in a round that large just doesnt sound fun to me.

Drill holes?? I would use some pliers to pull the bullet off the shell, dump the powder out and then either use a tool to push the primer out the base, or take it to the range and strike it to discharge. Actually, any decent gun store should be able to render it inert pretty easily (doing basically what I just stated)... I have 6 .50 cal shells on hand right now that I plan to get heads for... Since they're empty, and have no primers in them, I'll just fit the bullets onto the shells and go from there. If I can locate a place that can actually crimp them on, I'll do that. I'll call around to gun stores when I'm getting ready to see if any can help me out.

I've pulled the lead out of 22's before, but it usually destroys the form of the bullet. I've seen .50 cal BMGs in stores rendered inert by drilling a hole near the base of the casing and having the powder removed.

I won't be drilling anything (get your mind out of the gutter, I'm talking about bullets, oh wait: repeat previous statement)

Soft .22 lead is no comparison to FMJ .50 call BMG rounds... I've pulled .45 bullets off before.. Of course, it IS easier when you use the tool actually MADE to pull bullets apart. :D Simply lock the round into one side of the tool, then swing the other down and impact against something solid (like the ground)... Kinetic forces pull the bullet out of the shell, along with the powder, leaving the case with the primer intact... Then it's just a matter of removing the primer... Mine works for .45 and maybe a few other calibers, so the .50 BMG will be TFB for it. :eek:

My expertise is Satellites, not tiny hand held explosive devices, so I'm going to forgo the slamming stuff on the ground. Find out if it legal to ship a live round somehow and it's your's -otherwise stop by next time you are in Los Angeles.

It's one of these...

Chances of me getting out to LA are slim to nil... At least for the next few years/decades... :D

I'll check things more on this end... I'll PM you with info.

My cousin has 2 black powder pistols that the dummy never cleaned after firing. We were drinking so I guess that always works as an excuse...

Anyways, now they're basically welded together with rust and would make perfect tap handles! Really expensive tap handles.

If you use the ice fishing rod, you could just use the entire thing... They ARE pretty small after all...

I might use my old fishing rod grip, now that you've brought the idea up. :rockin: Of course, I don't have a kegging setup yet, so it's not like I'll be doing this anytime soon. :(

I don't know....a finger or something might be kinda badass. Maybe a hand flipping you off...

I think a collection of sesame street charecters would be nice.. A different one for each tap.

"Hey could you get me another glass of Big Bird?"

How about a white marble sculpture of a sexy woman's foot.

Bronze would be OK too.

Can you say 'foot fetish'?? I know you can... :D

How about one of the wood spirals you can use for oaking your brew? :rockin:

I'd like to get a skull with a few bullet holes in it... Or maybe several that start off with a single hole, and then progress to more and more in there...

Railroad spike might be cool too... :drunk:

I'd like to get a skull with a few bullet holes in it... Or maybe several that start off with a single hole, and then progress to more and more in there...
:

Check the desert outside of Los Angeles, you never know when one will turn up.

I think a collection of sesame street charecters would be nice.. A different one for each tap.

"Hey could you get me another glass of Big Bird?"

Get creative with where you put the threaded insert... :eek: Or how you position them... Could make for some interesting conversations... You could also threaten to use some of your kids doll's heads, or other parts, for tap handles when they're bad... :D Just be prepared to pay for their 'therapy' later. :rockin:

LakewoodBrew, if you want to scout the area for me, that would be cool... I was thinking of using fake ones, that were much smaller, so that I could space them closer together. Plus, I'd want to make sure they would be strong enough to withstand many years of use. :D

Back