$150 jeans and taste in beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peroni spokesman Chad Wodskow said the beer company pays Bill Hallman for the space. Their idea is that if shoppers see the beer in a cool store, they’ll think the beer is cool.

That's standard American beer marketing for you.

Don't know how good or bad Peroni is though :confused:

Kai

Peroni is bad. My italian father-in-law claimed that basically ANY american beer was better than ANY italian beer.

-walker

Yeah, it sucks. I knew there was something wrong with my (ex) brother-in-law when he told me that was his favorite beer. Of course, since it's bottled in green bottles, we may never know how it tastes when it's fresh.

Another funny thing about that article is that the cutline on the picture says that Peroni is on tap, while it is plainly in a bottle.

It's a matter of equilibrium that Italian beer is bad. If Italians made good beer as well as good food, wine, and fashion, that would just be totally unfair...:mad:

Never even heard of Peroni . . . must be one 'uh them 'metrosexual' things.

My jeans cost about $30 . . . my wife, on the other hand, has spent as much as $130 on one friggin' pair of jeans. I think Nordstrom's owes me a couple beers! (I can't complain too much though - homebrewing and fly fishing ain't exactly cheap hobbies!)

AHU

BlightyBrewer said:
It's a matter of equilibrium that Italian beer is bad. If Italians made good beer as well as good food, wine, and fashion, that would just be totally unfair...:mad:
Imagine if they thought about sports cars too under all that sunshine Blighty....DOH! :mad:

Peroni Rosso - That's the one with the dude on the cover who looks like a mobster godfather, right? I was at the liquor store with the girlfriend and she started laughing about "pepperoni beer" (we were sloshed that night, and just left the pizzaria).

Back