Why u no carb beer????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentt03

Reaction score
So just got a setup where we can carb 3 kegs at a time. Right now we have 2 hooked up. Beer has been sitting at 12 psi for over a week and still has hardly zero carb, is this user error on my part??? What gives??

Silly question - but do you have it going through a 3 way manifold, or separate guages for each keg? What temp are the kegs sitting at?

Can you verify that Co2 is flowing? Turn up the pressure and give a keg a gentle shake and you should hear Co2 going through the regulator.

What happens if you pull the pressure relief on any of the kegs? You should hear a hiss as the pressure from the headspace escapes...

Also, sometimes I run into an issue where a beer doesn't really seem carbonated well early on if I'm just pulling small test samples. It's basically because I'm drinking what is left in the line from the last pull, which is normally not as carbonated as what's actually in the keg getting carbed, if that makes sense.

Yep 3-way manifold

When pulling the pressure relied co2 is given off that's why I don't understand why it hasn't carb'd

Berg,
You could always reverse the line you add your CO2 into. Add the CO2 to your out (diptube) line after you pull your sample to clear the beer from that line if you need to adjust your CO2. This will prevent your leftover sample from before from being in your new sample

Are they both carbed the same? Would hooking up just one keg make it carb any faster? Thinking out loud....thought process says 2 kegs carb half as fast as one keg at the same pressure. Instead of seeing 12 each sees 6 but I could be way off.

Yep, ur off, think of it as running in parallel, not series. I crank it up to 20 psi, Rock the keg while its on its side for ten minutes, then let it sit overnight...ull be drinking it in the morning. Real easy to over carb this way though.

Back