Terrible customer service from the brewing network!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breez7

Reaction score
I ordered some stuff from the brewing network store like 2 weeks ago, they took my money and I haven't gotten my stuff. They won't respond to my emails or anything. All I want to know is whats going on, is it on back order, lost, something else???

Its pretty pathetic that they cant respond to 2 emails within 7 days!

Anyone else have a bad experience with them?

I Just want my &^%!. Its not like I'm asking for much. All they need to say is "we are out of stock it will be in in _____ wks"

But since they won't respond I don't know what to think. I've never been known as a patient person ha.

From listening to the show it sounds like it takes quite a while to A. Receive your stuff and B. To get a response to emails. I've never ordered anything from them so I can't personally comment. However, I agree with Weirdboy. You can always dispute it and you can also go online and trash them. Well, I guess we can check the second option off. :)

Haha ya I'm working on that one, but the moderators on their forum wont post anything I write.

Eventually I'll sneak one through:rockin:

I got a hop grenade shirt a while back and it was 2-3 weeks at the earliest with no word on if it had shipped just that the order placed

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

I saw those guys on BrewingTV and was not impressed. The guy who runs the show had never done a first wort hop... and he runs a brewing show.

In my opinion they are lame. But I'm just some loser on the internet.

Ya I saw that too, it was pretty funny watching him fumble around trying to figure out how to use his brew rig. He can't measure hops, maybe the internet is way beyond his capabilities.

I wish I had a 20 gal Tippy dump system even if it was an old used system. Unlike him I would know how to use.

May be it was all beer they drank or the goofing around they were doing, but I was not impressed one bit.

Justin will be the first to admit that he is a bad brewer. That's why they have people on their shows that are good at what they do, like Jamil Zainasheff, John Palmer, Mike McDole & Nathan Smith.

As for the poor service from the store... I am not particularly surprised about it. You'll get your stuff eventually, but if you don't want to wait any longer, reverse the charge.

Haha ya I'm working on that one, but the moderators on their forum wont post anything I write.

Eventually I'll sneak one through:rockin:

That is not true. The post you are talking about was approved. In fact, it was your FIRST and ONLY post on the forum, there's nothing else in the queue.

I found the typical order from the BN takes about 3 weeks, but you'll definitely get your gear. Justin may not be the best brewer, but the show has some of the most knowledgeable, awarded brewers in ANY radio or video show. Just sayin...

thanks for noticing that 'fool', I guess they are slow with more than one thing, took over an hour to post it.

NT, I love their show, dont get me wrong. Thats why I bought the stuff. If I had every great brewer in the world coming in and out of my house, I would hope that some of that would rub off on me. Just sayin...

If I was a betting man, I'd say he knows alot more about brewing than he leads on. I could be wrong though, but I think the "entertainment" factor of him being the worst brewer in the house has its fun.

Isn't Codewritenfool the Brewing Network's moderator?

who knows...

Lets give him a warm welcome to the most knowledge filled forum out there HBT!!!

Welcome fool :mug:

Let's not turn this into another hbt v. bn flamefest. HBT looked pretty bad the last time. Honestly, you hear the shows. You know that Justin is pretty much a one person show there and has a lot of stuff going on. Just relax.

Welcome to Code as well. He does some great work on the BN site.

I'm guessing Justin is busy with the TV show they are creating. You will get your stuff. He is giving away some of the best brewing info/interviews in the world with his show. Over all he has done a great service to the homebrew community with his network. I'd cut him some slack.

I'm guessing Justin is busy with the TV show they are creating. You will get your stuff. He is giving away some of the best brewing info/interviews in the world with his show. Over all he has done a great service to the homebrew community with his network. I'd cut him some slack.

I agree. And really, if you listen to the shows, a delay should not surprise and/or bother you. Remember rule #1 of the brewers code.....

For what it's worth, I've ordered from the BN twice. The first order went off without a hitch. The second I needed a "rush" on so I could have it to work the BN booth at our state competition. I made Justin aware of the time sensitive nature of the order, and he responded personally...guaranteeing it would be here. It was.

I won't make excuses for your order not being there, but in my experience this seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

I saw those guys on BrewingTV and was not impressed. The guy who runs the show had never done a first wort hop... and he runs a brewing show.

Are you grouping Jamil and Tasty in with those guys that you aren't impressed with? I'm no fanboy but they have both have some respectable accomplishments.

I've been brewing for nearly 8 years and I've never done a FWH. I'm not so sure how you come to the conclusion that that really matters or how it measures the worthiness of running a brewing show. Justin doesn't pretend to be some sort of Messiah of brewing - practically the opposite. Listen or watch the show and you might realize that. They have been "over the air" for nearly six years now. Perhaps that alone should earn them some respect.

But you are at least partially right.

I'm "friends" with BN on facebook and they posted the other day they knew people wanted their stuff and they were shipping it out this week.

I have always gotten my merch in a reasonable time frame. you have to remember that the BN is not amazon, it is Justin and JP (and sometimes Justin's Mom) that are packing and shipping your orders...and if you are keeping up with the show, they are busy producing a tv show.

It took me 7 months to get two T-shirts from them as well (with a few polite email reminders). I enjoy the podcast a lot, but I am hesitant to order more stuff. I know the frustration you have, but I would email them every couple weeks to remind them you didn't receive it. Good Luck

Please keep this polite. It seems the complaint about slow service/shipping is legitimate. Let's not let it deteriorate into an all out attack.

Here is J's response to the thread posted by the OP on the other forum:

Brewcaster J said:
Breez7, I can't find any emails from you, so sorry for the delayed response. But if received an email, I would have responded. If store at thebrewingnetwork dot com has not given you any results please send to me at justin at thebrewingnetwork dot com. I'll need your full information to find out about your order. Or I can just refund it so you can carry on flaming us on other sites, but with your wallet in tact.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

J

Please keep this polite. It seems the complaint about slow service/shipping is legitimate. Let's not let it deteriorate into an all out attack.

What other forum?

While I sympathize Yuri, it *was* a valid point. Their site is likely hosed and they may be having issues tracking their orders.

Yuri_Rage said:

I kind of take issue with the obvious sarcasm in J's response to being "flamed". Granted no company likes to be called out... Attacked or whatever but when it's in response to legitimate issues and even when it's not, this kind of response is as good as J flaming himself in my opinion. Just doesn't seem like the right thing to say but then again I'm just now reading of this and I don't know the whole background of it all.

Guys,

I vote we let Breez7 handle this with J offline and out of the forums. Too many times I've seen this HBT vs BN bullsh!!. Trying to compare the two is like comparing apples to steak. That's right I said steak. HBT focuses on having a great forum where the BN focuses on having live beer radio. These two types of homebrewing outlets should compliment each other (like an IPA with spicy food) and not looked at as competition. If the BN is too "edgy' or 'racy' for you, then don't listen to it, but don't blast them. These guys along with all the other homebrewing podcast have done a great service for the homebrewing community. I have a hard time criticizing any of them for providing FREE homebrewing information and entertainment. My piece has been said.

I've been brewing for nearly 8 years and I've never done a FWH. I'm not so sure how you come to the conclusion that that really matters or how it measures the worthiness of running a brewing show. Justin doesn't pretend to be some sort of Messiah of brewing - practically the opposite. Listen or watch the show and you might realize that. They have been "over the air" for nearly six years now. Perhaps that alone should earn them some respect.

But you are at least partially right.

What I was trying to say was in my opinion the radio show does not interest me. I have listened to several podcast, and it just wasn't for me. Then after seeing them on BrewingTV I was not surprised by the lack of technical expertise. Which is something I was expecting from a brewing show thats been around for several years.

What I was trying to say was in my opinion the radio show does not interest me. I have listened to several podcast, and it just wasn't for me. Then after seeing them on BrewingTV I was not surprised by the lack of technical expertise. Which is something I was expecting from a brewing show thats been around for several years.

He is a radio show host who interviews homebrewers & craftbrewers. He rarely brews himself. What you are saying is like suggesting that a news anchor is not credible because s/he doesn't have any first-hand experience on the issue they are reporting.

He is a radio show host who interviews homebrewers & craftbrewers. He rarely brews himself. What you are saying is like suggesting that a news anchor is not credible because s/he doesn't have any first-hand experience on the issue they are reporting.

You are 100% correct.

When I first heard of the show I expected a homebrewing show with people who are at the forefront and are knowlegdeable and experienced in the topic of their show.

That is not what I found when I listened to the show or when I watched him brew.

Im not saying you can't enjoy it. I'm saying I didn't enjoy as it was not what I was looking for or expected.

Back