WLP530 Abbey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exhorns

Reaction score
Brewing a Blue Moon clone (thanks Wild). Brewed per instructions last night. My LHBS does not carry the suggested Wyeast so supplemented with the White Labs alternate. I have not had any experience with this yeast (new to all yeasts actually) but no activity in the airlock after 10 hours. Checked again at 20 hours with nothing. How long to wait until I should consider re-pitching? I am patient but don"t want to let it go too long. Followed manufacturers instructions also. Thanks for any help. ex

The yeast may be working, multiplying and gathering strength, without visible airlock activity. Give it time, don't panic for at least 2 more days. :)

Ok thanks. No panic yet. This is the wrong hobby for impatience. Just want to make sure before it sits around for nothing. Kinda like me. ex

The wort was cooled to 70F with an immersion chiller, t:)hen pitched yeast. Not brewing from a kit. Recipe was from this site. BTW just checked it. The cover on the pail is starting to bulge. Good sign. Thanks. ex :)

Back