New to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukeman9988

Reaction score
Just yesterday I finished converting my mini fridge into a Kegerator and then kegged and forced carbed.now my question, do I leave the CO2 tank on when not in use? I understand that's the purpose if the regulator but it seems as though I used a great deal of co2 in just one day. From my understanding a 5 lb tank should last quite a few kegs. Does force carbing use a lot of the CO2?

Is the c02 tank now in the fridge and wasn't before?

If you are measuring the PSI of the c02 tank warm vs cold, that's why it may appear you have used a large amount of c02. The PSI of the c02 will drop GREATLY when cold vs when at room temp. Almost to the point of being immeasurable.

I leave mine on all the time. As long as you don't have any leaks, you're fine. Force carbing doesn't use any more CO2 than the set-it and forget it method, but once you're don't carbing, you will only use the C02 you need to push beer through your serving lines - and that's not a lot.

Yes it is. Thanks that's it. I even read that before, just totally slipped my mind haha. Thanks again

I must have a leak. I went to tap a beer today and nothing. Checked the tank and it read empty

Did I not have the lid on correctly? I went to purge the keg to see of there was any pressure and got nothing

Back