Making the best braggot and mead in the world!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColonelForbin

Reaction score
i am going to attempt this at a very very high cost using honey imported from hawaii around volcanic regions that are high in ormus. my friend gets it delivered to his house and let me try some last night. i will start off by saying that it is the best tasting honey i have ever had. when i say the best tasting i mean no other honey has ever come anywhere close. second, with its unusually high ormus levels it was able to elevate me and make me feel more than great supplying me with instant energy and an overall better feeling in every single part of my body. i felt like i was being lifted off the ground at times. i said to myself, why not make a mead or braggot out of this stuff. it may cost me a few hundred dollars to make a 3 gallon batch but i could possibly have the greatest mead or braggot in the world as a reward. anyways, im going to save a little money and get some of this magical honey myself and see what i can make out of it.

Did you smoke this stuff or what?

If you make a braggot are you going to use hops?

Also what color was the honey?

the honey was dark amber. it really was something else. i know it sounds crazy but im not fooling around. its not like the stuff intoxicated me, it just made me feel great by elevating my energy levels, it made me think clearer, and feel happier. and the taste. Holy F*ck

just curious, do you have a lot of experience with making mead? If not, I would be scared to invest so much money in a mead. I'd try your recipe on a cheaper honey, just to make sure it turns out how you want it. Might make a nice side-by-side comparison between the two as well.

Never heard of ormus until now, sounds interesting and apparently its been out for a while. Mono-atomic or di-atomic precious metals, that when ingested makes you feel energizingly high. How the plants get it into the pollen or the bees get it into the honey is a strange undertaking I'm sure.

"ORMUS — A unique form of matter which seems related to life energies. Ormus or ormes appear to be di-atomic (2 atoms) forms of metallic elements, especially in the platinum group, but including precious metals such as silver and copper. Ormus appears to increase the healing abilities of the body, and to increase the ability of the stem cells to follow the morphogenetic field. www.subtleenergies.com/ormus"

http://rawketscience.blogspot.com/2008/09/ormus.html

http://www.laweekly.com/2008-09-25/columns/gold-fever-at-the-raw-spirit-festival-addicted-to-ormus/

GTG

i have a little experience with mead. i know this is crazy pricey but i will be putting this into 8oz bottles and only opening a few a year on special occasions. i just want something completely epic.

Wow, using the white honey for a batch would cost around $384 (if my gorilla math is correct) before any other cost considerations.

That is crazy.

Haz, I think you're a bit off on the high side unless you're using an obscene poundage per gallon...nevertheless, I agree it's pretty damn expensive...I'd much rather use the money to buy enough of the other varietals (meadowfoam and sourwood) that I've been wanting to make show meads from. I'd consider buying a smaller amount of this stuff though, and making a 1 gallon test batch...

Haz, I think you're a bit off on the high side unless you're using an obscene poundage per gallon...nevertheless, I agree it's pretty damn expensive...I'd much rather use the money to buy enough of the other varietals (meadowfoam and sourwood) that I've been wanting to make show meads from. I'd consider buying a smaller amount of this stuff though, and making a 1 gallon test batch...

Yeah, I was calculating for a 5 gallon batch with 15 lbs.

Never heard of ormus until now, sounds interesting and apparently its been out for a while. Mono-atomic or di-atomic precious metals, that when ingested makes you feel energizingly high. How the plants get it into the pollen or the bees get it into the honey is a strange undertaking I'm sure.

"ORMUS — A unique form of matter which seems related to life energies. Ormus or ormes appear to be di-atomic (2 atoms) forms of metallic elements, especially in the platinum group, but including precious metals such as silver and copper. Ormus appears to increase the healing abilities of the body, and to increase the ability of the stem cells to follow the morphogenetic field. www.subtleenergies.com/ormus"

http://www.laweekly.com/2008-09-25/columns/gold-fever-at-the-raw-spirit-festival-addicted-to-ormus/

GTG

GTG

Hi guys. This will is my first post, but couldn't resist a helpful science comment. :) I wouldn't be that surprised if small di-atomic particles, if present, made their way from soil (likely starting place in volcanic environment) to honey simply by hitching a ride. The last research project I was working on involved small gold clusters 2+ atoms for use as fluorescent tags. Turks out the little buggers were a pain cause they had a habit of carrying over in the distillate when we tried to use the rotovap (evaporator) to concentrate them. They can pass into cells, etc. neat things. Not sure about the new age stuff, but to each their own :) My moms an old hippy with an M.D. so meh... And yeah, after a lot of mixed mead experiences starting off I second the "Practice batch first" suggestion.

And I just realized this was muy old. o_O. Any word on how it turned out?

*hope I got the quote syntax right

You could use some high spin water, colloidal silver, and Himalayan salt as well.

Back