Club Tasting Glasses - Nice...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Bargainmugs.com

whaleglassfront.jpg

whaleglassback.jpg

BUT.... they sent the wrong glasses. We ordered and approved a proof for a mini pils glass. I wonder what they'll offer to fix it.

looks nice... but if you ordered pils... you ordered pils.

free glasses.. you pay for shipping... call it done :)

Ok, so I need some advice. They're being a little more hard-assed about this than I was expecting. First, not even an apology. Next, they asked if we'd like them to send a UPS label back to return the glasses and get the correct ones or if we want a $75 refund to keep these. I said if we were willing to take a refund and keep these glasses, it would have to be 100%, not $75. Otherwise, they'd probably be taking these back for a full refund anyway, paying the return shipping, and then destroying the lot. They said, they would definitely not agree to a full refund and let us keep them.

Ask them for half off and sell them to your members. I am sure they would pay for them, hell I would buy 6 if I was in your club.

They look great, and I'm fine with those for the club (yes I know we voted on the other ones). I'd take whatever discount they offer (or maybe try and get some more off) and we can just live with them.

Maybe solicit opinions from the club on our other forum.

Honestly, I'd report them to the Better Business Bureau. You ordered, approved and paid for something different. They sent you the wrong thing, and that sucks for them. But you can't be expected to pay for their mistake. If you send them back, they need to pay for that shipping. If they elect to make the mistakes available for you to buy, the price is up to them, of course. But as for the order you placed and paid for, they need to provide it without an additional cost due to their screw up.

Ok, so I need some advice. They're being a little more hard-assed about this than I was expecting. First, not even an apology. Next, they asked if we'd like them to send a UPS label back to return the glasses and get the correct ones or if we want a $75 refund to keep these. I said if we were willing to take a refund and keep these glasses, it would have to be 100%, not $75. Otherwise, they'd probably be taking these back for a full refund anyway, paying the return shipping, and then destroying the lot. They said, they would definitely not agree to a full refund and let us keep them.

They are hard assed because they won't give you the ones you ordered and let you keep the others for free?

How does the solution in bold not make you whole?

It sounds like you thought you got lucky and were going to get something for free and now are disappointed because all you are going to get is exactly what you ordered.

What I ordered was pils glasses that would be in my hands in time for the next meeting. I can't have that now. I would have been perfectly happy paying full price for the correct item. Part of the purchase decision was a relatively quick turnaround which their error fully diminishes. My point is that they will have to destroy the items anyway. I think the incentive to not have to do it should be more than $75, that's all. I agree that expecting them for free is a bit much, I was just pissed off.

If they give you a full refund, they make nothing on it. If they get them back, send you the right ones, they still will probably make some money. They can turn around and sell these glasses for $.25 each and still make money on them (these companies do it all the time with misprints).

I think they are being more than fair, either you get $75 off, or you get the right thing. It does suck about the time factor though, but mistakes happen.

Ask them to take these back and give a $50 discount to make up for the lost time.

They can take the print off of the glasses and reuse them. People seem to forget this.

I counter-offered by asking for a $150 which I think it's probably close to what their loss would be by doing the exchange. The shipping was like $37 so two way would already be $74 out of their pocket. Also, the items they shipped were $17 less than what we paid for so that's $91. Figure their labor cost for (potentially stripping the ink off these) and printing the correct ones would make up for the rest.

...They can take the print off of the glasses and reuse them. People seem to forget this.

I doubt they can.

Even if they could I'm sure the labour involved would outweigh the cost of the glasses, which would be next to nothing with the amount they order.

I don't think a refund and getting to keep the glasses is right, but a discount or something like that should be given.

They're printing the correct ones and having UPS pickup the wrong ones. The stipulation was that I have the correct ones in my hands by Tuesday and they promised it. I'm happy so far.

I doubt they can.

Even if they could I'm sure the labour involved would outweigh the cost of the glasses, which would be next to nothing with the amount they order.
A long soak in Star San will take almost anything off. I'm sure they have something better for fixing problems like this.

Mistakes happen. They did the best that could be expected, given the situation.

I think you are making a mistake in trying to determine what is fair for them when you don't have all the information. Be assured that they will not put themselves out by costing themselves more reclaiming the merchandise; that's just silly. If it benefits them to reclaim the glasses rather than sell them to you at a low price of your choosing, they will reclaim them. There's nothing more to it than that.

All you need to be worried about is your original order. You should get it without additional expense. If they try to charge you additional money, be mad and report them. If they are simply fixing the mistake at no expense to you, I'm not sure why you're angry.

The mistake is unfortunate, but mistakes happen. Trying to determine what is worthwhile for them is an exercise in futility when you don't know their costs or processes. Just understand they are not going to screw themselves. If you can afford the discount they offer on the error, then good for you. If not, then let it go.

I'm not sure you if you missed post #15, but they are correcting the order and I have let it go. I admit that I was trying to take advantage of the situation as retribution for screwing up my order. That initial anger has long since passed and I'm looking forward to getting what I paid for by the deadline I had initially established. If they come through, I'll be posting many kudos and recommendations here.

Granted, they are both 5oz glasses made by the same manufacturer, but you'd think they'd clearly mark their own stock with the two different item numbers so the guy running the press wouldn't grab the wrong thing. We want to send an order in for some 12oz glasses too. Should we add a note saying please make sure your production guy doesn't grab one of the other 9 different 12oz varieties you sell?

Just for closure, bargainmugs.com came through and had the correct glasses at my door when they said they would. They look awesome and I'm really glad they didn't take my offer for discounting the first wrong batch. HUGE difference in quality. I highly recommend them. However, If you're getting the minipils glasses, you might want to add a note to have the guy make sure he's not confusing with the sort-of similar, but not the same glasses.

Back