Brew Logic vs Standard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravenhead

Reaction score
Has anybody else wondered what the difference is between the Brew Logic Kegging System:

Brew Logic Dual Tap Draft System- with Reconditioned CO2 Tank :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

and the standard Midwest system:

Dual Cornelius Keg System with 5 lb. CO2 tank (comes empty) :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

I can't see a difference that would justify a $50 difference...

Just wondering out loud and hoping the smarter minds than mine can find a difference. thanks guys.

I don't see a $50 difference right off especially since there is no extra cost on a new tank. Why not ask Midwest? Let us know what they say.

Looks like the gas increase/decrease on the regulator is different. One is probably a little easier to adjust.

Alright so here is the response from Midwest:

"The main difference is that we get the non-Brew Logic setup from our draft supplier, while we were able to source our own parts from a manufacturer on the BrewLogic setup. We assemble the BrewLogic systems here, so they are our configuration. We are able to pass cost savings onto you. Functionally, they work the same, but the parts are made by different manufacturers."

So there you go...

I think this maybe the setup I go with for my initial kegging setup.

Cheers,
Todd

Did you end up buying it? I'm looking at the same system and it looks like a great deal. How often do you need to refill a five lb. tank? I bottled ten gallons of beer today and I am done with it forever...

I got the brew logic dual-body regulator system above and it works great for me. I had to tighten all of the gas hose clamps because they all leaked, but that's small potatoes considering the price. Also, the regulator had 2 broken gauges, but they sent me a whole other regulator free of charge (instead of just gauges that I'd have to replace myself). I was initially ticked off about it, but their customer service was outstanding so I have no issues recommending them. If your system does have an issue they will fix it with no hassle.

Haven't bought it yet... but that is the system I'm going to go with for sure. Unfortunately my lhbs can't come close even with shipping.

I just bought the double dual regulator two keg system from them today. Excellent customer service and it's a product I'm sure I'll like.

I didn't need the kegs (got three from somewhere else) so I priced all the parts individually. The cost of the tank and regulator alone equal the cost of the kit (which includes the kegs) so I called MW to see what I was missing. Anyways, their response was the same as above so it is at least consistent. I am going to order mine tonight and enjoy a nice draft beer by Superbowl Sunday. Please note I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and bleed black and gold with the best of them.:)

I ordered the double dual regulator kit from Midwest earlier this month. The high pressure gauge's backing was curled up and caused the needle to not rise fully, and then prevented it from going back down when the gas was shut off. I called them about this and they sent me a new gauge right away. I am very satisfied with both the product and the customer service!

I've been using the BrewLogic dual tap system for about a year now. I tightened all the connections when I got. One of the kegs was kind of ugly and beaten but it is functionally sound. I have to say its the best bang for your buck

Does anyone know of a rebuild kit for the Brew Logic regulator? Mine keeps creeping up to 60psi.
have called Midwest supply but I am still waiting for a reply.

Back