Swithcback- Burlington, VT; looking for similar recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that it helps much:

Five different malts, select hop varities, and our own specially cultivated yeast create an ale which leads with hop flavors and a subtle impression of fruit (our yeasts contribution), followed by a palate pleasing malty finish.

Maybe try giving them a call: (802) 651-4114, or visit the brewery if you live in the area.

ratebeer.com has commercial descriptions listed for a lot of beers. Where they got the description from I have no idea. Switchback doesn't seem to have a website.

... and a subtle impression of fruit (our yeasts contribution)

Sounds like they may use a proprietary yeast strain based on that comment. That would be the clincher in duplicating it exactly. Getting that yeast or at least knowing its properties so you can find a similar one.

I have only had switchback once. They only do draft I think. I think they are pretty small so they if you ask nice they may give you pointers if not a recipe and maybe even a pitch of yeast if you play your cards right.

Worth a shot if you really dig it. Let them know that.

Latest posts

Back