What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday was a busy day (SWMBO was away;)), so I bottled up my Peace Pipe Porter and my Tomahawk IPA, and made a new "partigyle" batch. I tasted the Tomahawk and it was so good, I decided to do another batch (didn't hurt that I had the hops at home, either). For the sidemash I did a smoke Porter, and in the last minute I decided to add licorice extract so it became a Licorice Smoke Porter! The IPA was 8 l and is bubbling away in my 10L damejeanne, and the 13 l Porter is in high krausen in my plastic tun.

Vague knock-off of a Dead Guy clone has been going since Sunday. Pitched a decanted 2L starter of WLP007 and have been holding it around 60°F. I realize this is low for the yeast, but it was burping by 2 hours after pitching and had a big blow-off after about 24 hours. As of last night, 3 days after pitch, it was slowing down a bit but still burping away. I've turned off the fridge to let it rise a bit, it was up to about 63°F this morning. Hopefully I won't experience the early flocculation I've heard about with this yeast---I think between the big starter and a dose of Fermaid-K + DAP, conditions were pretty good for the little guys.

Just bottled up Pumpkin Pie Ale and have a Belgium Witbier bubbling away with a blowoff tube on. It has been going for the last four days and still bubbling away. Threw in some flaked oatmeal for a little more mouthful. Coming up in another week will be Sugar n Spice for the Christmas New Year Season. By that time my Aflewein should also be ready to go. Drinking Monks Ale and Honey wheat right now. Brewing season is in full swing for me. Not to hot outside or to cold to brew!

5 gal cream ale, 10 gal kentucky common, and soon to be 10 gal of english mild. Getting all my ales out of the way as the temp in my basement has transitioned into the lager range... YAY fall!

Come Tuesday,I'll be taking the 2 week FG sample on my PM cascade pale ale. Come 11/1,I'll be getting the stuff for my own PM version of the APA's I've been brewing.

First brew (Brewers Best PSA IPA) has been dry hopping for 8 days in the secondary, primary is my second brew (Brewers Best Imperial Blonde). The blonde wrapped up yesterday and the krausen has nicely sunk in. I'm leaving it for 3 more weeks before bottling. The IPA however had been a little weird. OG of 1.066 and what I thought was the FG of 1.012 when I tested before dry hopping. Then last Sunday the ferm room warmed to 74 and a layer of tiny bubbles formed on top and hasn't stopped since. I figured RDWHAHB, and will just let it ride then take another FG reading before bottling. Both smell great.

A Belgian Golden Strong that's finishing up fermenting. It'll want to jump into the keg in 3-4 weeks.

Next up will be my first sour - Flanders Red. Brewing probably in the next 1-2 weeks.

I've got another batch of Black Butte clone going right now.
Pumpkin ale going to be going Sunday. Next weekend will be a honey wheat ale.

I have a celebration ale clone bubbling away in my fermenter and the keg just kicked of dead ringer ipa. Time to clean out the keg and get it ready for when this batch is done

Got a Barolo Italian wine and EdWort's Apfelwien in primary, a pale ale of my own design and a merlot in secondary. It won't be long until I have to find a place to store 22 gallons of alcoholic beverages (in addition to the 10 or so already put up), but that's a different problem for a different day.

Fermenting in my house right now:

5 gal Belgian Golden Strong
5 gal Strong Scotch Ale
5 gal Winter Warmer
5 gal Double Black IPA
5 gal Flemish Red
10 gal House Pale

Aging/Secondary: 5 gal RIS on oak cubes soaked in apple brandy (beer was primaried in apple brandy barrel)

Lagering: 5 gal Oktoberfest

Keg Conditioning: 5 gal of Saison

Fermenting in someone else's house:

5 gal double IPA in Apple Brandy Barrel
8 gal RIS in fresh Bourbon Barrel

And that isn't even the 3 fresh kegs I jsut tapped, or other bottled beer in the house. Good god that's alot of beer.

Since Dfess fessed up to having more beer than me:

(all 5 gallon batches)
Belgian Golden Strong - lagering
Kolsch - lagering
Biere de Garde - need to rack and lager
Biere de Mars
Belgian Export Stout
Saison Noel
and whatever I brew tomorrow:mug:

NB black ipa brewed yesterday, NB Belgian dubbel from last weekend

image-364867409.jpg

KBS clone in secondary brewed in July

Westvleteren 12 clone in secondary.

NB Kiwi Express IPA wet hopping.

Lagunitas IPA CYBI Clone in primary

Jamil's strict Observance Tripel in Primary

On deck: ?????

Since Dfess fessed up to having more beer than me:

(all 5 gallon batches)
Belgian Golden Strong - lagering
Kolsch - lagering
Biere de Garde - need to rack and lager
Biere de Mars
Belgian Export Stout
Saison Noel
and whatever I brew tomorrow:mug:

And that's just what is fermenting... ;)

I have a 10 gal irish red I want to brew, but have run out of room in my "ale" closet. :D The past two weekends have seen a bit of brewing going on. This weekend we'll be brewing a belgian trippel that will be stored at our LHBS in a bourbon barrel, and ready to drink next year at NHC (cool promo the LHBS is doing)!

Cold crashing a bastardized version of Yooper's Dead Guy clone, probably bottle it on Friday.

Started up a 5 gallon batch of dry mead with mostly local clover honey yesterday afternoon. Hit active fermentation this morning. I'd forgotten how much more effort mead takes, even without the boil. My son enjoyed watching the fizz come out as I degassed it, though he got very worried that some of the foam was going to spill...

Just dry hopped a celebration ale clone with centennial and cascade. Coming in around 6.4% abv. And I can't tell how close the flavor is at this point. Couple more weeks till its kegged.

Bottling a Cranberry Mead today. Was going to brew a Vanilla Cream Stout with a buddy but one of his kids is sick so we're going to delay until next week, he has most of the ingredients.

5 gallons of ordinary/best bitter
3 gallons of IIPA
6 gallons of English (all Goldings) session IPA
6 gallons of Golden Promise/Cascade fresh hop pale

Fermenting-
5 Gallon raspberry wheat (still in primary)
5 Gallon Snow White Belgian wheat (brewed last night

Cold crashing-
5 Gallons if Hop Head IPA

Kegged-
Tap 1- Gunnar's Golden Ale
Tap 2- Old Wobbler Honey Ale
Tap 3- Empty
Tap 4- Empty
Tap 5- Empty
Tap 6- Empty

In the mail-
15 kits from Midwest brew supply! Took advantage of the 7.95$ flat rate shipping and saved hundreds of $$ off shipping to Alaska!

I went on a brewing rampage before leaving for vacation so I got all 4 of my fermenters filled.

Habanero Stout
Apple Ale Infusion (40% cider, 60% pale ale)
Columbus IPA
Bravo/Falconers Flight IPA

Back