Group Buy in Chicago #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has any open splits...mainly speciality grains I would be interested. Just let me know and shoot me a PM.

Honey Malt, Smoked Malt, Crystal...any of these and more would be interested.

Docgineer said:
Any word on a third pallet? I'd like to order a few bags o grain.

I thought I sent you the spreadsheet link which has the waiting list tab st the bottom.

Damn go out of town for a few days and BLAMO... I'll check my list this afternoon and if theres still space..great..if I Snoozed..oops

Neopol said:
Damn go out of town for a few days and BLAMO... I'll check my list this afternoon and if theres still space..great..if I Snoozed..oops

Still space for 20 sacks or so on the third pallet.

bmason1623 said:
I thought I sent you the spreadsheet link which has the waiting list tab st the bottom.

Hmm, I didn't get it. Ill pm you my email again. Maybe i put a typo in it

Hey, I would possibly be interested in joining in myself. I made a half-hearted attempt to find the details on how this works, and didn't make out so well. I know that I am interested in a 50lb sack of 2-row and would be interested in some specialty grains as well, likely. I'm just about to transition from kits to all-grain, so this is new to me. Am I asking in the correct thread? If so, where could I find details on price, pick up, quantities to order? Thanks in advance for your response!

go to the first page of this thread and read 1st post with instructions then i think post no 6 has the link to the catalog, find what you want to buy and pm your order to bmason1623, this is group buy so we buy by the sack and if you want to get smaller amount you should find other brewers who wants to split sack with you, one of you pays for full and you guys work it out later

Polboy said:
go to the first page of this thread and read 1st post with instructions then i think post no 6 has the link to the catalog, find what you want to buy and pm your order to bmason1623, this is group buy so we buy by the sack and if you want to get smaller amount you should find other brewers who wants to split sack with you, one of you pays for full and you guys work it out later

Thanks Polboy, I just found that I should be looking there and tried to change my post before forcing you guys to have to respond to another noob. I'll be taking a look and taking interest as well. I may have more questions, but I'll try to make them more valuable hence forth

9) All grain except Breiss is available to us. The only Breiss product available to us are 50 Lb. sacks of DME. Hops in 11 pound increments are also available at wholesale pricing. Cleaning supplies like PBW, starsan, etc is available too. Pretty much everything in the wholesale catalog is available with some exceptions.

Are we able to mix and match SKUs to make up the 11lbs or is it 11lbs of one item? Apologies if this was asked/answered elsewhere in this thread.

what polboy said!

Send Bmason how much you are willing to commit to, so we know if we have enough people for a 3rd pallet

I just want to let everyone know that I have no desire dealing with splits either from a physical perspective (splitting/weighing sacks of grain or hops) or from an accounting one (adding everybody's cost to their portion of the spreadsheet. Sorry, but as we start going over 100 sacks, multiple boxes of hops, wood chips/spirals. etc. it starts to become involved. I am asking that one person pay for a whole item and then the people involved in the splits work out payment and the actual splitting of the items. I'll gladly receive the order and be a central distribution point but splits are a PITA in all honesty. I hope everyone understands.

I'm looking at the spreadsheet but most of the split orders aren't filled out yet. I'm wondering who is getting
some of the splits so I can PM them. I'm interested in getting some Saaz and crystal malts.

Splits are organized in this thread, then one person adds the whole sack to their order.

I did not get a link to the spreadsheet, can I get a confirmation that my order is in? :D

I have some 1272 in some mason jars if anybody wants them(I have 2 available)

I'll take one if you have any left.

Also, I saw someone who wanted to get in on some honey malt. eddie if you want half I'm cool with splitting mine in half with whoever wanted some. Or I'm cool with doing 1/3 as well. Up to you guys.

Polboy, we are splitting aromatic or melanoidin? Anyone else interested in some of this?

I'd be interested in splitting upto a 1/3 of a sack of honey malt and/or the aromatic malt. Shoot me a PM

I'm looking at the spreadsheet but most of the split orders aren't filled out yet. I'm wondering who is getting
some of the splits so I can PM them. I'm interested in getting some Saaz and crystal malts.

Youre probably seeing old fields. Bill reuses the sheet from the last buy. I think, other than a few things like star San, he isn't processing splits thru the spreadsheet.

The main idea being for GroupBuy#5 only whole sacks go on the spreadsheet. People can still do splits but only one person reimburses the buy and Bill doesn't have to manage all the partial sack groups.

That's my understanding anyway and having helped a little with splits on Buy#4 totally agree.

I did not get a link to the spreadsheet, can I get a confirmation that my order is in? :D

You might want to send Bill a PM - however if you got in after the first two pallets filled up he hasn't added any of the third skid to the spreadsheet.

Well in that case I will go ahead and grab an order of Saaz if I enough people would be willing to split.
I'd like at least 2 and wouldn't be against taking 3 pounds, so that leaves at least 9 pounds.

The third pallet seems to be stuck at 24 sacks IIRC. Let's try to get it filled at 42 by the end of the week. Tell your friends or fellow brewers to buy.

Well in that case I will go ahead and grab an order of Saaz if I enough people would be willing to split.
I'd like at least 2 and wouldn't be against taking 3 pounds, so that leaves at least 9 pounds.

I will take a pound of Saaz. Maybe 2 if needed to fill the order.

bmason1623 said:
The third pallet seems to be stuck at 24 sacks IIRC. Let's try to get it filled at 42 by the end of the week. Tell your friends or fellow brewers to buy.

I'm planing to make some people aware of this opportunity on Saturday. Hopefully that could make a difference.

Bill, I'll commit for 6 sacks min., I got busy with my garden and the damn japanese beetles feasting on my hops last night.
Also I, would take up to 4 lbs of Nelson Sauvin hops, if there are any takers on some fruity hops.
When I land in the office I'll PM the 6 I know for sure..
Thanks
Dave

Anyone have details or a commercial beer that uses these new fangled Nelson Sauvin?

Stones 15th Escondidian Imperial Ipa clone... & I used a little in my last Zombie Dust clone and I loved it more so than the straight Citra version, I want to do a full run with just the NS. Also had a mikkellar (dont recall the name, bottle at home), real grapey tasting.

**Im not gonna sideline the thread, I am happy to take interested count or offline convo. via PM and if there is enough Ill add it to my order and pay for it up front, and we'll figure out logistics of pay/distrib later/and/or at pick up time.

Bill, I'll commit for 6 sacks min., I got busy with my garden and the damn japanese beetles feasting on my hops last night.
Also I, would take up to 4 lbs of Nelson Sauvin hops, if there are any takers on some fruity hops.
When I land in the office I'll PM the 6 I know for sure..
Thanks
Dave

you're in for 6 sacks. get me your grain details so I can enter it.

OK. Here's where we stand. We are at 121 sacks with 126 being the limit. I'm holding off on adding more sacks so people who are already in can verify their order entry. If I don't hear anything from anyone then I'll add 5 more sacks later, maybe by tomorrow morning.

Check your order quantities. If there's a discrepancy then PM me, include any past correspondence showing that you ordered what you did and I just happened to enter it erroneously. That spreadsheet starts to make my head spin after a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back