Rhizome Exchange Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have rhizomes and potentially a couple crowns to sell or trade next spring. We should start or revisit this thread in Feb/Apr of next year.

I have Centennial and Saaz. I will have Zeus and Willamette next year. I would give away clippings to anyone who wants to pick them up. You can root them in water. I am in the Denver area.

I also plan to make a collecting trip for some wild hops. The Dept of Ag collects and documents native hops.

I'll be getting rid of some plants after this season. I'd prefer to pull them up this fall but I don't know if they can be transplanted in the fall (or just after harvest, whatever works). But I'll wait till spring if I need to.

My wife is starting a business out of the house, teaching music lessons. I don't want to have to explain to a lot of people what the 20' poles are out back, and possibly loose business to people who abhor alcohol. I'll keep a few plants, run them low along with my grapes. Probably plant grass between the plants, leave a small 1'X1' area around each plant for it to grow out of.

I'll have (Kent) Goldings, willamette, fuggle, Hallertau
Maybe centennial or cascade, not sure which one of those I'll keep.

I can give the Hallertau and Goldings a good home; whenever you decide to pull em. I'll just put em in dirt in the greenhouse until spring and put em in the ground then.

Back