Question on new keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egaberik

Reaction score
So I am getting my first all grain setup up and running piece by piece and after setting my HLT up with a weldless sight gauge/thermometer and a ball valve with a stainless steel dip tube I decided to test it out for leaks. All went well there but upon draining the output of water stopped at around at the top of my dip tube leaving about 2" of water in the keggle. Now this wasn't with a pump just pure letting the water flow out but shouldn't I be able to almost drain it completely to the bottom with just gravity? Excuse me if I am way off with this but this is my first setup like this and don't know what to expect from it.

On actual brew day I will have a pump to aide me so I don't know if that will create the suction needed to drain the rest. Thanks for the help.

Umm did you have a hose on the outlet? If not, you didnt have a siphon... if you DID, that means your dip tube isnt tight enough and it is sucking air and ruining the siphon.

Man I am dumb:drunk: I did not have a hose connected on the outlet but I did have the nipple on there. Hopefully the hose was the problem. I am waiting on my tubing in the mail so I will test that out ASAP. Thanks for the quick responses.

Man I am dumb:drunk: I did not have a hose connected on the outlet but I did have the nipple on there. Hopefully the hose was the problem. I am waiting on my tubing in the mail so I will test that out ASAP. Thanks for the quick responses.

That was the problem, no siphon.

God Bless kind sir

Its sure to have been the lack of tubing then.

Prost.

Back