Brewed my first batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustinhayden

Reaction score
I made a honey wheat beer (kit from homebrewery.com) last night. It's in the primary fermenter right now where I'll leave it for two weeks. I've read that wheat beers don't benefit from a secondary fermenter so I'll just bottle it and let it sit for 3 weeks-2 months before enjoying. I'm looking forward to trying it and I'm thoroughly enjoying this hobby! :D

I don't know why, but it's fun to watch the airlock bubble! :ban:

congrats! my second batch is 2 weeks into bottle conditioning. It's all downhill from here.

Congratulations! Sounds like it went well. Now is the time to start planning your next beer.

And, yeah, watching the airlock is strangely addictive.

Chad

Congratulations! Sounds like it went well. Now is the time to start planning your next beer.

And, yeah, watching the airlock is strangely addictive.

Chad

+1 -- Start planning your next beer

And wait until that thing starts rolling all the trub around..that is addictive to watch.

Oh yeah...welcome to the addiction.

4 batches in a love it! my last hefeweisen was fruity smelling out of the airlock! it will be ready for consumption next weekend! whoo hoo!

i love sniffing the airlock when its bubbling. little guilty pleasure of mine. that and taco bell.

I keep star-san in the airlock so it makes tons of little bubbles, so you have to wait there for some to pop, but when they do. Mmmmhmmm, that is like nirvana. Taco bell, not so much :p

To the OP, congrats, and welcome to the obsession. :mug:

Back